eq setting and volume

I have been adjusting my custom eq and with different settings I have to adjust the volume to get the same level. How does this affect battery life? I mean would a more dynamic eq setting with lower volume result in longer battery life than a flatter setting with higher volume?

@csp wrote:
I have been adjusting my custom eq and with different settings I have to adjust the volume to get the same level. How does this affect battery life? I mean would a more dynamic eq setting with lower volume result in longer battery life than a flatter setting with higher volume?

Using the custom EQ uses more battery life, as much as 10% more. 

No matter what the setting is? One other thing I noticed is that when adjusting the custom EQ, the volume goes up noticably when all the bars are set to 0, and if make a change to any of the bars, either up or down, the volume goes down again.

@csp wrote:

No matter what the setting is? One other thing I noticed is that when adjusting the custom EQ, the volume goes up noticably when all the bars are set to 0, and if make a change to any of the bars, either up or down, the volume goes down again.

Having all the bars at 0 is like the “Normal” setting, and will yield the best battery life. That volume drop seems to be a symptom of the extra power being drawn by customizing the EQ . I think the presets are different, however…of course, most of them ■■■■:wink: The only one I ever occasionally used was the “Jazz” setting, which seemed to help one pair of headphones I had.

Then, that’s solved. Thanks, Marvin_Martian!