earbuds recommendation ??

i’ve had 2 earbuds go bad on me in few months (stepped on one of’em n another just went dead).

could any of u recommend a reliable earbuds somewhere??

it doesn’t have to be an audiophile quality yet some decent sound would be nice.

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

This is too subjective a topic. Everyone has different hearing, needs, wants, desires, preference for specific frequency ranges, specifications, requirements, price considerations, opinions, etc, etc, etc.

Any time someone asks this, we get a long, drawn out, bloated thread where everyone recommends something different and usually ends up in an un-neccessary argument over silly minutia, but if you want to see one (or more) of these lively discussions for yourself, start here.

Bottom line . . . only you can determine what you like and at what price you want to pay. You have to make the decision. What someone else recommends doesn’t matter as it’s going to be you that uses them.

@taylormum wrote:

i’ve had 2 earbuds go bad on me in few months (stepped on one of’em n another just went dead).

could any of u recommend a reliable earbuds somewhere??

it doesn’t have to be an audiophile quality yet some decent sound would be nice.

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

There have been many recommendations here–you might want to try a search on earphones / earbuds / headphones with the search box at the upper left, if you haven’t yet done so  Many different good headphones at different price-points.  I like Shures, personally; and the Klipsch Image S4 earbuds have gotten good reviews, for non-super expensive buds.

Very much a personal/subjective thing.

If you are going to use them for exercise or easy listening then Sennheiser has several that are quite good and reasonably priced.  I might add that the ones I have (OMX70) are made to be sweat resistant and are capable of handling some tough use.  If you have an unlimited budget, then there are IEMs that will serve you well as they rarely fall out of the ear-the cables are the part that fails.  Over the head phones come in many styles and can hold up for years with only the cushions needing replacement.

Check out various models and find something that has an ear clip is my best recommendation (OMX70 has this feature as do several Sony models).

Excellent earbuds if you’re dirt cheap  like me:  JVC marshmallow.  $13 online, $20 in stores.  Very comfortable, and they sound great to me. 

CNet.com has reviews of earphones at various price levels.  You can spend $1500 on earbuds, or $4000 on earphones.  If you try any that you don’t like, send em to me please :-))

I certainly hope that you get a more informative response than the knuckle rap provided by the so-called guru tapeworm.

@donrieg wrote:

I certainly hope that you get a more informative response than the knuckle rap provided by the so-called guru tapeworm.

Excuse me?

I didn’t say or suggest anything different than what has already been said by many others, many times in any one of the other multiple threads on this same subject, both here and on just about any other mp3 player or audio-related forum on the net you’d like to name. I even provided a link to the Search results for said discussions.

In fact, it is such a broad subject with so many opinions, specs, prices, pros & cons, etc. that there is even a forum exclusively dedicated to it:

Headfi.org

And given the lack of response in the 2 weeks since the original post, I would surmise others here share my feelings in not wanting yet another thread on the subject. Even you did not contribute anything of value nor offer any help or opinion except your short-sighted view of my response (which by the way was shared by 2 others who replied).

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, and consider _ your _ knuckles rapped for the negative, personal attack on me.

12-22-2010 09:09 AM

@donrieg wrote:

Excuse me?

I didn’t say or suggest anything different than what has already been said by many others, many times in any one of the other multiple threads on this same subject, both here and on just about any other mp3 player or audio-related forum on the net you’d like to name. I even provided a link to the Search results for said discussions.

In fact, it is such a broad subject with so many opinions, specs, prices, pros & cons, etc. that there is even a forum exclusively dedicated to it:

Headfi.org

And given the lack of response in the 2 weeks since the original post, I would surmise others here share my feelings in not wanting yet another thread on the subject. Even you did not contribute anything of value nor offer any help or opinion except your short-sighted view of my response (which by the way was shared by 2 others who replied).

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, and consider _ your _ knuckles rapped for the negative, personal attack.

Achieved what I wanted.

The Sennheiser MX470 earbuds at under $20 look interesting. If you don’t mind in the ear canal earphones, the Sony EX35 or JVC Marshmallow look like good choices for under $15. The JVC Flats compact headphone at under $15 has nice sound for the price and is a great value(it might make your ears hot in the hot weather, but is nice to help keep your ears warm in winter).

beautiful!!!    LMAO

go to walmart and buy a $10 set of Gummi.  they stay in the ear well even when getting slightly wet. i run and workout alot and dont want to buy some silly set for $50 that wont get me really any better sound.  i like them alot.