drain battery or recharge with some battery life?

hi, i’ve googled the issue of whether to drain a rechargeable battery before charging or not and came up with it depends on the battery type.

for a Clip Plus, should i drain the battery before charging or try to charge while the battery still has life?

thanks!

Do _ not _ let it drain completely, apart from, perhaps, every now-and-again, to recalibrate the battery gauge.

Typically, for the type of battery the Clips have, it’s recommended to recharge at around 40% power left, as a rough guide.

By the way, a good source for battery information: bat

By the way, a great source for battery information: batteryuniversity.com.

Every time you update your playlist or modify any other information on your Clip, you’ll be adding charge to the battery via the USB connection that you necessarily have,  So if you do that often, your battery will probably be fully charged in any case.

The determining factor being, how often one connects to the computer to transfer files, etc.–I rarely do, and so typically only connect to charge every few days.

Battery will not be damage by leaving the player connected on the computer while it is already fully charged. It will only trickle the charge and will not harm the battery.

Can someone say what kind of battery it is?  Is it lithium like the Fuze+?  Does this thread apply to Clip+ as well?

All Sansa players use Lithium-based batteries.

With a sprinkling of kryptonite. :wink:

@jasonbrunelle wrote:

Can someone say what kind of battery it is?  Is it lithium like the Fuze+?  Does this thread apply to Clip+ as well?

Virtually all electronics use lithium ion batteries.  The older NiCd and Nimh batteries are limited to applications that need either very high current (electric motors mostly) or things that don’t have the brains for a digital lithium ion charger (flashlights, etc).  

Do not let it drain completely, apart from, perhaps, every now-and-again, to recalibrate the battery gauge.

Typically, for the type of battery the Clips have, it’s recommended to recharge at around 40% power left, as a rough guide.

but less than that?

when or at what percentage of the battery is the best time to recharge?