does not allow to change speed of reproduction?

Hi there,

I was going to buy a sansa clip in my next trip to  USA this week, as it looks just what i am looking for, but apparently it lacks one feature I use all the time. I use my player to listen to audiobooks, as many of them are read very slowly, I increase the speed of reproduction so they are not so slow, this works great.

But looking at the sansa clip pdf manual there iis no such a feature…is that normal in all sansa products? Anybody knows if it will be added in a firmware upgrade?

thanks a lot

No sansa players at this time, support a fast playing speed.

Audiobooks are ment to be enjoyed at the pace they were created… after all, you dont watch movies at 1.5x speed do you?  if you do, you miss alot of the special touches they provide.

Thanks for your reply.

Well that depends, if the pace they were made makes the book boring maybe you would change your mind. Also, I use it to improve my graps of non-native languages, so I understand better fast speech. I think it is really handy. I never listen to them in a speed that makes them sound bad, they are just faster.

Does someone from sansa visit the forum? If so, would that feature be added at some point? I think all ipods have that feature no? And my two previous players (dont even remember their manufacturer) have it too.

thanks!

In the Sansa Clip’s Audiobooks “Options”  menu you can ajust the playing speed of the audiobook  ± 20%

Message Edited by sansafix on 11-05-2007 09:27 AM

well, i can agree with the books being made boring.  Interesting  note that speeding up the speech, can assist with learning it too (for the reason you described)

yeah, mods and such visit.  You will get more recogincation by looking at the suggestion forum, which is what its designed for.

—EDIT—

I am thinking that sansafix is talking about Audiobooks from Audible.com and not just any audiobook (NetLibrary, Overdrive, etc)

Message Edited by Bleach_FAN on 11-05-2007 09:48 AM

thanks Bleach_FAN and sansafix…

I dont see anything about speed (or even the options menu of audiobook) in the pdf manual I downloaded from this site. Can you confirm please? Also 20% would be something, but sometimes I read at maybe 100% faster (you wouldnt believe how slow some books are, it looks like they are paid by the minute the book lasts!). Would not be easy to have 5 slower and 5 faster speeds (like my current player for instance, that fastest being maybe 100% or 120% faster)?

Also I am at a los about the audible.com versus netlibrary etc…All the audiobooks I read are just mp3 files. How these sites you mention work?

Oh, just saw the suggestion forum, when I get more info on this thread I will post a suggestion there if it still applies, thanks for the pointer!

bmn wrote:

thanks Bleach_FAN and sansafix…

I dont see anything about speed (or even the options menu of audiobook) in the pdf manual I downloaded from this site. Can you confirm please? Also 20% would be something, but sometimes I read at maybe 100% faster (you wouldnt believe how slow some books are, it looks like they are paid by the minute the book lasts!). Would not be easy to have 5 slower and 5 faster speeds (like my current player for instance, that fastest being maybe 100% or 120% faster)?

Also I am at a los about the audible.com versus netlibrary etc…All the audiobooks I read are just mp3 files. How these sites you mention work?

Oh, just saw the suggestion forum, when I get more info on this thread I will post a suggestion there if it still applies, thanks for the pointer!

the play speed option is only listed for audio books downloaded form audible.com. MP3 files do not have the play speed option.

audible.com has a different file format (.aa) these files have different features when loaded to the Clip. .aa files can be bookmarked, will show up under the “audio books” section of the music menu, and you can change the play speed by +/- 20%.

the above options are only availible for audio books downloaded from audible.com in the .aa format.