clip + repeatedly "refreshing media"

For whatever reason my 4GB clip+ w/8GB card can jump into a cycle where for every button pressed the refreshing media process begins again. I also have a 4GB clip and the same does not happen, so the card’s presence is implicated.  Any similar faults? Any solutions?

Ullp!  Have you tried a system reset (Clip+ off, hold the on switch down for 15-20 seconds)?

With Clip+ off and card in, pressed & held power switch.  While still holding …System came up and began the “Refreshing your Media” process but it hung. The only way out is to let the power button up, then repress for 15-20 sec at which time the system shuts down. All of this = no problem when card not in. Can the card be reformatted on my PC, if necessary, and be still usable on the clip+ ? I loaded the tunes to a new card originally from my PC (just about filled it up) and, until very recently, everything worked well.   Thanks.

Another data point:  I have a brand new duplicate 8GB card - completely unused.  When I attempt to power on with that card in, the very same thing happens. The presence of either card causes the glitch.

I haven’t had this issue; you seem to have isolated it down to a card/slot-related issue.  At this point, it might make sense to try reformatting the crad via your computer and see if that might be the issue.  If not, I might telephone SabDisk about it–perhaps it’s a slot-related hardware issue (that your warranty covers)?

I haven't had this issue; you seem to have isolated it down to a card/slot-related issue (good job!).  At this point, it might make sense to try reformatting the card via your computer and see if that might be the issue.  If not, I might telephone SanDisk about it--perhaps it's a slot-related hardware issue (that your warranty covers)?
<font size="2"><br></font>

This problem has been solved by placing a call to Sansa Tech. Help.  Ended up that I had to reformat the system.  Sacrificed the internal memory tunes but could easily replace them. So, solved by Sansa!

Reformatting: a powerful tool …

So how does one reformat a clip +

There is a reformat option under the settings.

Hey Thanks! I have about 9 or so gig on a 16 gig card, with internal memory empty, the player would start “refreshing your media” most times it powered up. I moved as much as would fit into internal memory and quit using the card.

Any thoughts on why that would happen
?

Is your microSD card firmly seated?  I’m thinking that if it’s loose, the Clip+ could be feeling that the card is being inserted continuously, and then refreshing each time.  By any chance, do you have another microSD card to try out?

mp3 keeps refreshing media after 2 particular songs ??