clip+ can't both read internal memory and 32G card?

I’m very puzzled. Now I have tried many times and find some phenomenons:

1.If I format the internal memory with the choice in clip+,it can refresh the database and read all music files in card.(about 1800 files,half is music files)

2.Then I copy the files to internal memory and it can on longer recognize the files in TF card.I can see the files in PC but clip+ can’t see,only read it internal memory.╮(╯_╰)╭Why?

All my music files are flac so I think it have not gone to 8000.

3.If I use a 8G card (both of TF cards are sandisk and can be checked in website.), copy one or two musics to test ,clip+ can read them ! And if I put the 32G card immediately,after it refresh the database,can’t see the files again! Only the “empty”.

I even delete the DID.bin MTABLE.SYS RES_INFO.SYS SYS_CONF.SYS in root.I think they are associated with database.But after refresh, it just like the cases above.I even refresh the firmware.Format the TF card with SDFormatter.

What makes me really puzzled is that when I use rockbox ,all files works well.But I feel the original firmware is comfortable and maybe the most important is saving power.

Who can tell me what can I do now? I have no idea.

Sometimes a reformat of the microSD card helps.  You might try the SD Association’s formatter tool. 

Same problem: Sansa Clip+ 8GB internal mem. & Samsung 32GB microSD @10.

I can see in USB/MSC mode the internal and external flash memory w/o problems, but when I boot the player, I select Music => Folder => External uSD Card, I get only [Empty]. No problems with Sandisk 8GB uSD card. After, I installed Rockbox and all works fine: no problems at all. I can play all files on the external uSD. But I prefer the sound of original fw. It’s a 1.02.16 firmware bug?

With original fw, if I play 1001Hz tone, I get 1003,4 Hz. With Rockbox 1001Hz  => 1001,2Hz. A 0,24% pitch error is very near the audible error region. Another Sandisk fw bug?

@gcompari wrote:

With original fw, if I play 1001Hz tone, I get 1003,4 Hz. With Rockbox 1001Hz  => 1001,2Hz. A 0,24% pitch error is very near the audible error region. Another Sandisk fw bug?

Yes, a very old and known issue. Some notice; most do not.

@gcompari wrote:

But I prefer the sound of original fw. It’s a 1.02.16 firmware bug?

Aside from the pitch error in the sandisk software and the less powerful EQ options, the output of both firmwares is identical.

yes i use the SD Association’s…

It seemed that the 1.02.16 FW do have bugs~

@mayq0422 wrote:

It seemed that the 1.02.16 FW do have bugs~

If you’re talking about the pitch bug, that is inherent to the Clip+ itself and all the firmware versions. It is not isolated to the .16 release.

Same error. I can’t see Sandisk 32GB cat.10 in my Sansa Clip+ 8GB fw 1.02.16

And what abot battery running time?

@kutamig wrote:

And what abot battery running time?

What about it?

But Rockbox doesn’t have any pitch bug: it’s not inherent to the Clip+ itself.

@gcompari wrote:

But Rockbox doesn’t have any pitch bug: it’s not inherent to the Clip+ itself.

OK, you’re correct . . . let me re-phrase. The pitch “bug” is in all the [original] firmware versions, not just the .16 release. It is not apparent when using Rockbox. SanDisk has said it is satisfied with it the way it is, and will not address it in any further updates.

But also as I said, most people cannot audibly hear any difference. If you do, use Rockbox.

Me too. Samsung 32GB @10 not visible. SD Ass. Form. Tools doesn’t help. Impossible to see files on 32GB: “External uSD Card” => “[Empty]”!

My issue may be related to this post but I’m not entirely sure.  I’ve recently gotten a MacBook Pro with OSX lion on it.  Up to this point I’ve been using PC’s to manage my Sansa Clip + which has 8GB internal storage paired with a 16 GB SanDisk mircoSDHC memory card.  On the PCs computer using Windows XP, I could see the two different memory cards (or “hard drives”).  However when I hook my SansaClip+ to my Mac laptop, I do see two “hard drives” but only the “hard drive” associated with the 16 GB card shows any files and it  lists all the MP3 files from both “hard drives”.  However I can forsee a time when I might fill up my 16 GB card and would like to know which of the MP3 files are on it as opposed to being on the Sansa Clip +'s internal storage.  Do I need to reformat one or both of the memory storages in order to get OSX lion to recognize them individually or is this related to some other issue?  I did change the USB setting to MSC, but this had no affect on this situation.  Thanks!  

If I plug a new 8GB MicroSD card into the clip+, can I drag and drop mp3 files to it?  Alternately, do I have to place the mp3 files on the new MicroSD card before I plug it into the clip+?

@cooler44 wrote:

If I plug a new 8GB MicroSD card into the clip+, can I drag and drop mp3 files to it? 

Yes, but your question is a bit off-topic for this thread. Maybe you should consult the manual before asking basic questions like this.

I have no mac so I don’t know if it is correct. But I think you can use different folder names.Like that,“Music1” in internal and “Music2” in SD.:wink: Maybe the tip can work…

With Rockbox the battery running time is shorter than the Sandisk original fw.

@saratoga wrote:

@gcompari wrote:

But I prefer the sound of original fw. It’s a 1.02.16 firmware bug?

Aside from the pitch error in the sandisk software and the less powerful EQ options, the output of both firmwares is identical.

http://nwavguy.blogspot.com/2011/02/sansa-clip-measured.html

<<(There are other problems with RB, mostly that it is strictly 44.1 kHz internally and resampling of other material is of very dubious quality.)>>