clip + and unsupported formats on card

I’ve been thinking of getting a clip plus.  If I put in a card that has music, photos and videos from my fuze into the clip plus, will it get stuck on refreshing the database?  Or will it freeze up if I put it on play all?

I don’t know why it would. If it plays fine in the Fuze, it should do as well in the Clip+.

@mags1230 wrote:

I’ve been thinking of getting a clip plus.  If I put in a card that has music, photos and videos from my fuze into the clip plus, will it get stuck on refreshing the database?  Or will it freeze up if I put it on play all?

I think I understand what you’re getting at.  I just experimented and the presence of photos and video on the microSD card did not interfere with the database or its refreshing–the photos and video just get ignored from the database (and don’t appear under the folder view, either).  And then the Clip+ plays without freezing. 

@miikerman wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

I think I understand what you’re getting at.  I just experimented and the presence of photos and video on the microSD card did not interfere with the database or its refreshing–the photos and video just get ignored from the database (and don’t appear under the folder view, either).  And then the Clip+ plays without freezing. 

Ooops! I forgot about the Clip not having photo or video capability. That’s what mags was concerned about. Good for you Marvin , for testing & confirming they (SD cards with photos/videos) work.

:smiley:

@miikerman wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

Ooops! I forgot about the Clip not having photo or video capability. That’s what mags was concerned about. Good for you Miikerman , for testing & confirming they (SD cards with photos/videos) work.

:smiley:

The video capability will be coming out in the next generation, the Clip++.  That’s the good news.  The bad news is, the screen will be the same current size.

:wink:

Thanks; and nice gif!

Video capability will be coming out in the next generation, the Clip++.  That’s the good news.  Of course, the screen will be the same current size.

@miikerman wrote:

Thanks; and nice gif!

Video capability will be coming out in the next generation, the Clip++.  That’s the good news.  Of course, the screen will be the same current size.

Perfect for watching old Three Stooges ‘shorts’! And the + + won’t be meaning ‘plus-plus’. It will be representative of your eyes squinting to see it on that teeny-tiny screen! :smileyvery-happy:

@miikerman wrote:

Thanks; and nice gif!

Perfect for watching old Three Stooges ‘shorts’! And the + + won’t be meaning ‘plus-plus’. It will be representative of your eyes squinting to see it on that teeny-tiny screen! :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for the replies guys, especially Miikerman for testing and confirming that having photo and video files on the card won’t interfere with the clip plus’s ability to function properly.

@tapeworm wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

Thanks; and nice gif!

If video were to be played on that postage stamp size of a screen, then it won’t matter whether or not Jeff Dunham’s lips are moving when he does the voices of Walter or Achmed… (oh, I spelled that wrong – it’s spelled --A…C…phlegm…) :smileyvery-happy: