Wrong track order

I’ve ripped a stack of files to FLAC, and have converted them to mp3. metaflac returns the same tag info for the various flac files. I’m using Linux, and I believe the problem is down to the ripping and TCON field. Anyone seen this or similar before?

The exact same command line was used to rip all flac files, and the same command line was used to convert all mp3 (all the mp3 were done in one go). The files which don’t work correctly have all the ID3 info I gave them (except TCON is odd), and the ones which work correctly have extra data.

flac -cd /games/FLAC/dexys_midnight_runners/too-rye-ay/come_on_eileen.flac | lame -V 0 -B 96 --tt “Come On Eileen” --tl “Too-Rye-Ay” --ta “Dexys Midnight Runners” --ty “1982” --tg “Rock” --tn “10” - /games/MP3/dexys_midnight_runners/too-rye-ay/come_on_eileen.mp3

*** Tag information for /games/MP3/dexys_midnight_runners/too-rye-ay/come_on_eileen.mp3
=== TIT2 (Title/songname/content description): Come On Eileen
=== TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)): Dexys Midnight Runners
=== TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): Too-Rye-Ay
=== TYER (Year): 1982
=== TRCK (Track number/Position in set): 10
=== TCON (Content type): (17)
*** mp3 info
MPEG1/layer III
Bitrate: 128KBps
Frequency: 44KHz

flac -cd /games/FLAC/dexys_midnight_runners/searching_for_the_young_soul_rebels/geno.flac | lame -V 0 -B 96 --tt “Geno” --tl “Searching For The Young Soul Rebels” --ta “Dexys Midnight Runners” --ty “1980” --tg “Rock” --tn “5” - /games/MP3/dexys_midnight_runners/searching_for_the_young_soul_rebels/geno.mp3

*** Tag information for /games/MP3/dexys_midnight_runners/searching_for_the_young_soul_rebels/geno.mp3
=== TSSE (Software/Hardware and settings used for encoding): LAME 64bits version 3.98.2 (http://www.mp3dev.org/)
=== TIT2 (Title/songname/content description): Geno
=== TALB (Album/Movie/Show title): Searching For The Young Soul Rebels
=== TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)): Dexys Midnight Runners
=== TYER (Year): 1980
=== TCON (Content type): Rock
=== TRCK (Track number/Position in set): 5
=== TLEN (Length): 211026
*** mp3 info
MPEG1/layer III
Bitrate: 128KBps
Frequency: 44KHz

I use cdparanoia, flac to encode, flac to decode, lame to encode. metaflac and id3info to check tags.

The incorrect bitrate is a known issue, the bitrate is actually correct on the clip+.

Have just noticed, the first tag is ID3v2.2, second is ID3v2.3 according to clip+ May already have the problem found.

Doh!

command line MUST include  –add-id3v2 to work properly. Oh well, just need to re-encode everything now.

Only worked with others because lengths were longer than 30 chars.