WinAmp Compatible?

Hello,

Does anyone happen to know if one can use WinAmp to manage files with the Clip+? I don’t need to have it “synch” anything, I just want to use it as a means of drag-and-drop.

Thanks!

I don’t use it, but search for WinAmp in the search box.  It’s been mentioned before.

You can absolutely use Winamp with your Clip+. However, you don’t need it if all you want to do is drag & drop your files from your computer to the player. Just set the player to MSC mode and select, drag & drop (or copy & paste) in Windows Explorer.

Winamp is excellent for making playlists though, if you’re into that sort of thing.

Yes, you just hit the nail right on the head. I will be making playlists. So that definitely answers my question.

Thanks a lot for the responses!! :smiley:

If you want some step-by-steps for making playlists iin Winamp, here are some I wrote some time ago. They might come in handy. :wink:

1 Like

Very cool. I appreciate it, thanks!!

Actually, on 2nd thought, I wonder if there is an easier way to do this using WinAmp. . .I am looking for something a lot less complicated than this. 

For example, I know I can manage playlists much easier than this using WMP. But I want to use FLAC files, and I don’t think WMP supports FLAC. I prefer FLAC over WAV because WAV files are much larger (twice as large as FLAC). Surely there is a way to create playlists (and synch them to my Clip+ automatically) without having to use Windows Explorer. I really don’t want to have to use WE, if I can avoid it. It does NOT seem like a very user-friendly way to do this. There’s gotta be an easier way than this.

I would also rather not have to resort to using a lossy format, either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

@louis126 wrote:

Actually, on 2nd thought, I wonder if there is an easier way to do this using WinAmp. . .I am looking for something a lot less complicated than this. 

There may be several steps, but there’s nothing complicated about this.

@louis126 wrote:

For example, I know I can manage playlists much easier than this using WMP.  

Don’t count on it.

@louis126 wrote:

Surely there is a way to create playlists (and synch them to my Clip+ automatically) without having to use Windows Explorer. I really don’t want to have to use WE, if I can avoid it. It does NOT seem like a very user-friendly way to do this. There’s gotta be an easier way than this.

You can do this entriely from within Winamp if you want. Instead of dragging the files from a WE window over to the playlist pane in Winamp, go into Winamp’s Media Library Preferences > Local Media and click the Watch Folders tab. Set your Default library to be your player’s (or card’s) Music folder instead of your computer.

Click the Rescan Now button and it should add all the music on your player. Now you can follow the directions, only dragging the songs from your Media Library in Winamp to the playlist name in the adjacent pane. Save as before and you’re done.

Same steps as before; you’re just doing it from within Winamp.

Piece of cake.

OK, cool. I will try that.

I appreciate that very much :smiley:

You are probably right about it being a whole lot easier than it sounds, btw.

Thanks!!