Why not continuous playback between folders?

Why do i have to choose Play All if i want such a function? Quite irritating having multitude of folders and wanting to choose that track in the middle folder and having play from the beginning from the first track in the first folder.

Thanks!

A nice workaround:  you can add entire folders to your GoList.  And so simply add the folders you want to play through to your GoList (my player is set so that I just press and hold the center button down, once an album in the album list is highlighted) and then play the GoList.   :slight_smile:

How do i do that? Seems i only can add a track at a time.

Seems it can read the m3u playlists but i can’t add them to the Go List somehow. Quite an annoyance since i have several folders containing different m3u playlists.

You can’t add playlists (.m3u or otherwise) to the GoList, which is essentially an internal playlist itself.

And unless I’m mising something, I can’t see why you would want to. :confounded:

Just play the playlist. It will play all the songs in the list, regardless of folder location. Note however that .m3u playlists will only work from one memory location or the other (internal or external memory card); you can’t have tracks/files from both locations in the same playlist. For that you need to convert them to .pla format.

As Milkerman said, if you go to the Albums list, you can just scroll to the album you want and hold the center button. Adds it to the Go list. Ditto for Artist, though not for Folder.

Thanks both!

Too bad i can’t add folders to the Go List though. Something for the Sandisk guys to look into.

@djchristian wrote:

Thanks both!

Too bad i can’t add folders to the Go List though. Something for the Sandisk guys to look into.

Not quite sure what you mean/what’s going on with you and your player.  I just confrmed the capability on my original Clip–the functionality’s there. Just highlight the album under the music listing, and press and hold the center button down–easy, 1-2-3, added to the Go List.  And then just play that playlist.  

Well compared to my former Cowon iAudio 7 the Clip lacks several features which i had good use of. It had continuous play between folders and didn’t stop on the last track in a folder. I don’t feel i manually have to select them in a album list to a Go List, it takes time and don’t always feel like creating playlists for that purpose. And creating playlists from folder in a album view where you can’t see the artist and when you have many different artists… Well i guess you can figure it out yourself. I have no clue why the Sandisk guys never let that be an option, choosing to have continuous playback between folders and not to. I don’t think it has to do anything with perfomance.

All in all i feel the Cowon was a better player, faster, better battery, except the size which the Clip is better at though the batterytime takes a hit.

djchristian wrote:

All in all i feel the Cowon was a better player, faster, better battery, except the size which the Clip is better at though the batterytime takes a hit.

It was also MUCH more expensive, I’ll bet.

Which was worth it. Had the clip been released in 2007 it would’ve been more expensive aswell. Don’t forget the Cowon had 16gb internal memory aswell, and bigger battery and oled…

The Clip is fact was out in later 2007 and was more expensive than now but, like now, was a good deal.  Around $50 for a 2GB player (a 1GB version also was available), and then early the next year at around $75 for the uber-cool silver reflective 4GB version.  Both still can be found at/via Amazon.   :slight_smile:

I had a Cowon X5 which had great sound but was quirky on every other front: software, proprietary connectors, battery. Heavy, too. But great sound.

Anyway, if you’re good at geekery you can use alternate firmware in the Clip+: Rockbox. It may have the feature you want.

Rockbox turns the Sansa into a dual-boot device–it sits alongside the Sansa firmware and you decide which one is the default.  

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaClip#Sansa_Clip_43

You sure it has continuous playback? I’ve run Rockbox on the clip before but i don’t remember that function.

Yep–been awhile since I’ve looked but isn’t it the Folder advance feature?  I’ve always had and left it on.