Why is the track number display weird?

I don’t like how the clip displays track information for example if you have 100 songs on your player and you selected a song, it would look like “x/100”. How can I make it so that it displays the actual ID3 tag information for example if I chose a song out of a 10 song album, it would display “x/10”? Will this be fixed in a firmware update?

If you navigate to Albums,  the counter at the top of the display will show 1/10 for a ten track album.

There isn’t much space to display everything on the OLED screen.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

It does the same thing for the albums too. I’d like it if it didn’t matter how you selected the song so it would show the ID3 track infomation either way. The track portion doesn’t need a big display area anyways haha.

On the fuze, the track information is shown from the ID3 tag track information. Will this be implemented in rockbox on the clip?

Message Edited by d_headshot on 02-16-2009 09:54 PM

With Rockbox you can personalize the info. that is being displayed any of a number of ways, to get the info. you want (such as the original track no.) on the display.  A main limitation for the Clip will be the display size (but there are tricks even there, such as having info. appear alternatively–e.g. 10 seconds of certain info., followed by 10 seconds of other). 

Oh cool :smiley:

So some developers will have different layouts and stuff like that too? I was thinking that since there’s some space in the section of the screen for the orange text, stuff could go there too.

In the firmware that one downloads, there is a “default” display configuration, and then typically a few alternates that are perhaps more creative/unique (no insult intended!).  Users then typically post their own configurations for others to download and use.

Rockbox displays also can be tailored and created from scratch by a user (the instructions and options are listed at the site, and there are how-tos’s there)–it’s not all that hard to do and can be great fun!

@miikerman wrote:

In the firmware that one downloads, there is a “default” display configuration, and then typically a few alternates that are perhaps more creative/unique (no insult intended!).  Users then typically post their own configurations for others to download and use.

Rockbox displays also can be tailored and created from scratch by a user (the instructions and options are listed at the site, and there are how-tos’s there)–it’s not all that hard to do and can be great fun!

Really cool! Now we just have to wait for the official release haha.