Why does Clip+ keep OverDrive Audiobooks?

I have the Clip & Fuze, not the Clip+ (yet - it’s coming!), but those work the same way with OverDrive books.  The OD manager removes the WMA books from your computer, but not from your portable device.  It’s up to you to remove them from your portable devices.  If you don’t, you can listen to them past the due date.  You can’t *retransfer* the books to anything else without checking them out again, but other than that, it’s the “honor system”.

I just noticed I still have a bunch of MP3 books on my computer harddrive which I thought should have been deleted long ago, so unless there’s an updated version of the OD manager available, the manager only removes the WMA books from your harddrive when they expire.  Not sure why the OD manager wouldn’t delete the MP3 books when they expire (I, for one, would appreciate the OD manager doing that housekeeping for me!). 

I’ve never had my Clip or Fuze shut off while playing anything.  I guess it could possibly be the file.  You could trying re-downloading the files.