Why Clip resfreshes media twice in a row?

I have a clip with 40Gig total full of mp3 files. I delete some files, reinsert the microsd card to force it to refresh the media and plug in the usb cable to charge it over night. I come next morning and unplug the cable and it refreshes the media again!

The resfreshing takes like 30 miinutes.

Why the second refresh?

Charging via pc with a cable that is for both data and power could always trigger a refresh. I had refreshes triggered even when I changed no files. Perhaps windows might be changing some tiny system files on the player? Desktop.ini files? if you want to be sure not to trigger a refresh, then use a power only cable when charging via pc, or use a cell phone charger, other AC usb charger, or usb battery pack to charge the player.

Charging without a data connection will also save the display from excessive wear while charging, and will charge the player faster than via a pc. Motorola or Blackberry mini usb chargers are very cheap now, perhaps even under $5?

1 Like

Same thing happens to me. It’s the big bad bottleneck of this player. Never had i have to refresh media as i did with my old Cowon player.

Only benifit i see with this player over any other Cowon player is it’s size and the clip and of course the card expansion. Other than that it’s a hassle to get it to working instantly efter put tracks in it.

Where can i buy power only cable for the clip+? Found one but it seems it only US compatible.

http://shop.sandisk.com/store/sdiskus/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/ThemeID.9295600/parentCategoryID.11443000/CategoryID.11449200/productID.180603900

AC USB adapters are available all over the place; you don’t need the one just from SanDisk–these are generic (and often much less expensive).  A cellphone power adapter also may work.  Just make sure it is 5 Volts (more will blow the Clip out) and 350 to 500 mAmps or more.

Sources for them include meritline.com (good and low prices, often with free ship), monoprice.com, eBay, Amazon, your local electronics store, etc. 

1 Like

Power only cables usually come with usb battery packs. Some places like amazon and dealextreme may sell them separately.

1 Like

Arent ac usb adapters always 5 volts?

And what did you mean by 350 to 500 mAmps or more? Does 600-1000mA suffice?

@djchristian wrote:

No.

Since 600-1000mA is greater than 350-500mA, I’d say yes, it suffices.

@djchristian wrote:

The Clips need around 350 mA at a minimum, although best is around 500 at a minimum (a lower current will just take a bit longer to recharge).  Anything higher than that is just fine as well–the Clips will just draw as much current as they need.