What is the frequency range of Clip?

I’m trying to find out what the actual frequency range is of the Clip (ex. 20Hz to 15KHz?). Does anyone know the true range? I’m not looking for a guess please, or the range of the headphones that come with the Clip, but the actual unit itself. Thanks very much for assistance.

I think the frequency range of Clip is higher than 15KHz. It shuold be something about 17-19.

'Cause I realy feel the difference between mp3 (where the highest point is 16) and lossless Flac (where the highest point is about 20)

Perhaps call SanDisk customer service and ask?

I don’t know if this independent test is true with every clip, but it looks pretty good…The following is reprinted from a CNET test on the clip:

“Like the Insignia Pilot, we were not expecting much from the Sansa Clip. Why on earth would SanDisk pack one of their best sound chips into an MP3 player costing less than $50? The Clip’s -1.36dB frequency response deviation average is slightly better than the iPod Classic, and a closer inspection of the graph reveals absolutely no frequency dips between the audible range of 20Hz-22kHz. A total harmonic distortion score of -65.25dB and an SNR of -84.78dB makes the Clip a top pick for budget audiophiles who have already put themselves in debt with their $500 headphones.”

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I don’t know if this independent test is true with every clip, but it looks pretty good…The following is reprinted from a CNET test on the clip:

“Like the Insignia Pilot, we were not expecting much from the Sansa Clip. Why on earth would SanDisk pack one of their best sound chips into an MP3 player costing less than $50? The Clip’s -1.36dB frequency response deviation average is slightly better than the iPod Classic, and a closer inspection of the graph reveals absolutely no frequency dips between the audible range of 20Hz-22kHz. A total harmonic distortion score of -65.25dB and an SNR of -84.78dB makes the Clip a top pick for budget audiophiles who have already put themselves in debt with their $500 headphones.”

I’m glad you were able to answer the OP’s question…what I am curious about is , what brought this question on?

@marvin_martian wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

I’m glad you were able to answer the OP’s question…what I am curious about is , what brought this question on?

Kinda wondered that myself…:dizzy_face:

Marvin_Martian wrote: “I’m glad you were able to answer the OP’s question…what I am curious about is , what brought this question on?”…

I think it probable that the OP was trying to establish just how far any “less than desired” sounds might be the result of the 'phones used, and how much might be an inherent characteristic of the player… 

Thanks to the information given in the CNET quote, the OP is possibly even now feverishly researching which alternative 'phones to purchase… :smileyvery-happy:   

Nothing short of spectacular…

http://rmaa.elektrokrishna.com/Comparisons/Comparison\_-\_Sansa\_Clip\_-\_Loads.htm