What is Sansa giving us for Christmas this year?

It’s unbelievable that the holiday shopping season is almost here. What’s in store for us from Sansa? At least in terms of new hardware?

How about a 16GB Clip with a durable metal clip and an extended-life battery?

How about an 8GB Clip-sized player with a microSD slot, a durable metal clip and an extended-life battery?

I’ve had my 2GB black Clip since Black Friday, 2007 and my 4GB silver Clip since Black Friday, 2008. Picked up each one for about $35. So, what are the chances of picking up a great deal on one of my wish-list players this year?

I know this will be nothing more than speculation and wishful thinking, but it sure beats bitching and moaning. Some of us actually like our Clips! :slight_smile:

@bigjohnl wrote:

It’s unbelievable that the holiday shopping season is almost here. What’s in store for us from Sansa? At least in terms of new hardware?

How about an 8GB Clip-sized player with a microSD slot, a durable metal clip and an extended-life battery?

I’ve had my 2GB black Clip since Black Friday, 2007 and my 4GB silver Clip since Black Friday, 2008. Picked up each one for about $35. So, what are the chances of picking up a great deal on one of my wish-list players this year?

I know this will be nothing more than speculation and wishful thinking, but it sure beats bitching and moaning. Some of us actually like our Clips! :slight_smile:

A big lump of coal…

@bigjohnl wrote:

How about a 32GB Clip-sized player with a microSD slot, a durable metal clip and an extended-life battery? At this point, with flash memory prices where they are, 16GB should be a minimum … unless Sansa wants a sub-$50 Clip.

Is this “what do we want” or “what do we think we’re going to get?”  :wink:

I expect SanDisk will focus more on their SlotMusic and SlotRadio lines.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/2009/01/sandisk_sansa_slotradio.html

>> Is this “what do we want” or “what do we think we’re going to get?”

Either one will work, since it’s mostly speculation anyhow.

I listed my wish-list just before I read the thread mentioning the appearance of the 4GB Clip+ with a microSD card slot. My wife has confirmed its existence at a Best Buy in Florida for $50.

Thank you, Sansa. But why in the world aren’t you announcing this great new product all over your web site?

Happy Holidays!

As to why no SanDisk announcement yet, my hunch is that the new player leaked/slipped out, before SanDisk had planned to announce.  But you’re right–PR on this should be made, as the SD slot gives SanDisk a real marketing advantage for small players. 

Could someone point me to an article or some other reference about this new Clip with a microSD card slot?

@miikerman wrote:
As to why no SanDisk announcement yet, my hunch is that the new player leaked/slipped out, before SanDisk had planned to announce.  But you’re right–PR on this should be made, as the SD slot gives SanDisk a real marketing advantage for small players. 

People are buying them now all over the country, so this does seem like somebody screwed up by not advertising it.

Listed as “Coming soon”

SanDisk - Sansa Clip+ 4GB* MP3 Player - Blue

Product Features

* 4GB* internal solid state memory
      For storing songs and skip-free playback.
    * Measures just over 0.6" deep and weighs only 0.9 oz.
      So you can listen to music on the go.
    * Supported formats
      MP3, WMA, secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis and FLAC formats.
    * 1.5" LCD display
      For easy navigation of your music and settings.
    * Built-in FM tuner
      Provides access to your favorite radio stations.
    * Integrated voice recorder
      For portable, multifunctional convenience.
    * microSD/microSDHC memory card slot
      For expandable storage (media not included).
    * slotRadio- and slotMusic card-ready
      For additional musical options.
    * High-speed USB 2.0 interface
      Delivers fast transfer speeds.
    * Included clip
      Lets you attach the MP3 player to a pocket, backpack or purse strap for easy portability.
    * Built-in rechargeable battery
      Provides up to 15 hours of playback.
    * PC and Mac compatible
      For use at home or in the office.

* Accurate playback speed???

For the record -- 4gb for $49 is an insult in both size and price. There'd better be a 16gb version of this -- with flash memory so cheap now, I refuse on principle to buy any more 8gb (or smaller) players....

Edit... Ooops, just saw the [Clip + thread](/sansa/board/message).

Message Edited by Robisan on 08-30-2009 12:12 PM

@robisan wrote:

For the record – 4gb for $49 is an insult in both size and price.

So you must REALLY hate that Apple is selling the 4GB Shuffle for $79.

:wink:

@promisedplanet wrote:

@robisan wrote:

For the record – 4gb for $49 is an insult in both size and price.

So you must REALLY hate that Apple is selling the 4GB Shuffle for $79.

:wink:

Actually, I really hate Apple for locking the iPhone into AT&T. I laugh at lemmings paying $79 for a 4gb shuffle…

@marvin_martian wrote:

@miikerman wrote:

People are buying them now all over the country, so this does seem like somebody screwed up by not advertising it.

At my local Best Buy, the sales associate told me that the Clip+ is not listed for sale until 9/13 (and he then sold me one).  I think Best Buy jumped the gun, perhaps; I think that only that fruit company is able to prevent this.