What do you use to protect your Clip?

I was wondering what people use here, such as a case, to protect their Clip from damage? I was looking into this little case I saw on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/DLO-Action-Jacket-Armband-SanDisk/dp/B0013HDE3Y But I’m not sure it would provide much, if any, protection if I dropped my clip. I also want to help prevent the front from getting all scratched up. So what do you guys/gals use/recommend, if anything? Thanks.

@tall_cool1 wrote:
I was wondering what people use here, such as a case, to protect their Clip from damage? I was looking into this little case I saw on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/DLO-Action-Jacket-Armband-SanDisk/dp/B0013HDE3Y But I’m not sure it would provide much, if any, protection if I dropped my clip. I also want to help prevent the front from getting all scratched up. So what do you guys/gals use/recommend, if anything? Thanks.

I actually have left my Clip gloriously, unashamedly nude. When I got my Fuze about 6 weeks prior, I got a silicone skin with armband/belt clip attachments, and a screen protector. Turned out I didn’t like the belt clip, used the armband a few times, but generally found a shirt pocket useful enough, but I am glad I got the screen protector, judging from all the posts I’ve seen asking what to do about scratches. That said…the Clip is so small and light, I got it with the intention of it being the “beater”, yet when I wiped the fingerprints from it today, by some miracle, there are still no scratches. I have dropped it a few times, from waist height or lower, but it’s light enough that it seems to bounce harmlessly. The Fuze is heavier enough that I like the little bit of cushion that the skin would provide if I drop it.

So, to stop rambling and provide you with a concrete answer…a screen protector is a great idea, and cheap. You could look into a silicone skin, but I don’t think you’d really need one unless you plan to smash the thing repeatedly on the ground. The Clip’s, um, clip should preclude the need for an armband, I would think.:wink:

Where did you get your screen protector?  My wife uses her Fuze now instead of her older e-series for working out at the gym.  I know she will care a great deal more about scratches since she also uses it for movies as well.

@jonsegue wrote:
Where did you get your screen protector?  My wife uses her Fuze now instead of her older e-series for working out at the gym.  I know she will care a great deal more about scratches since she also uses it for movies as well.

I ordered it off Amazon originally, can’t remember exactly which one I got. If you type in Sansa Fuze screen saver in the Amazon search engine you should get a whole list of options

I have the dlo action jacket.  I really like it.  I don’t use the armband part.  the clip sticks out the back so you can still clip it on things.  unless you are running you probably wouldn’t need to use the armband part.  like Marvin_Martian said it’s light enough unless you are throwing it then dropping it shouldn’t be a big deal.

I use common sense. The player condom industry is mostly a profitable racket–selling bits of plastic with a stitch or two for $20. Wouldn’t you love to have stock in that? Think about it–why do you think Circuit City and Best Buy and the Big Box stores all carry so many of these little accessories? Because you can make a lot of profit selling 25c bits of neoprene for $10+. Here’s a tip: don’t put the clip in the same pocket as your keys or cell phone, or if you do–live with a scratch or two. It’s not a B&0 receiver–it’s a Clip.

@landotter wrote:
 Here’s a tip: don’t put the clip in the same pocket as your keys or cell phone, or if you do–live with a scratch or two. It’s not a B&0 receiver–it’s a Clip.

My protection is that it only cost 13 bucks to begin with.  For scratches, you can get clear plastic made to protect  PDA screens, something like $5 for 10 sheets and you can cut out at least 2 clip size pieces from each sheet.

@landotter wrote:
I use common sense. The player condom industry is mostly a profitable racket–selling bits of plastic with a stitch or two for $20. Wouldn’t you love to have stock in that? Think about it–why do you think Circuit City and Best Buy and the Big Box stores all carry so many of these little accessories? Because you can make a lot of profit selling 25c bits of neoprene for $10+. Here’s a tip: don’t put the clip in the same pocket as your keys or cell phone, or if you do–live with a scratch or two. It’s not a B&0 receiver–it’s a Clip.

But, Best Buy and especially Circuit City have very few accessories for either the Clip or the Fuze.  And forget about Wal-Mart.  But, you can find cheap protection for these items on-line, like on eBay.  Four bucks for a plastic case for my Fuze is really a small price to pay, I think.

All the best.

Message Edited by HulkSmashNow on 01-06-2009 10:17 AM

I have used the DLO and found it good for protection.  But the price is higher than it should be–I got it 1/2 off on eBay.

The silicon cases are much less (available all over), altho somewhat less stylish for the stylish Clip.

There also is a classy-looking leather case out there, from England (also available at Amazon.com).

As someone said before, a screen protector is good. The clip is so light you don’t have to worry about it falling and breaking. It just hangs on the earphone wires. You can get a generic brand at Best Buy that is used for all types of screens. I think I got 3 sheets for about 5 bucks. I cut them to fit the clip and replace them when I feel like it.

Clip really doesn’t need anything for average outdoor activity like walking, shopping…  the few times it got knocked loose, the earphones kept it dangling till i noticed it >.<.    If your going to be doing something more active maybe an armband.     otherwise the cost of a holder is a good percentage of the cost of your next clip with more memory   :P  save the money.   

Hey, thanks for the tips guys/gals.

I do agree the DLO action jacket is somewhat expensive. So I may not get one considering it probably cost them under $1 to make it. :angry: 

If I was a little more handy in this area I might try to make my own case, out of leather perhaps.

But seeing how lost cost the silicon cases are, they seem like a better deal at least. I may just go with one of them.

I’ll look into the screen protector too. That’s sounds like a good idea. But how does it stay attached to the Clip?

Heck, I was half thinking of wrapping my Clip in plastic food wrap. At least it’s a low cost soultion and quick and easy to replace too. ;)  :stuck_out_tongue: 

Message Edited by tall_cool1 on 01-06-2009 11:19 PM

@tall_cool1 wrote:

Hey, thanks for the tips guys/gals.

I do agree the DLO action jacket is somewhat expensive. So I may not get one considering it probably cost them under $1 to make it. :angry: 

If I was a little more handy in this area I might try to make my own case, out of leather perhaps.

But seeing how lost cost the silicon cases are, they seem like a better deal at least. I may just go with one of them.

I’ll look into the screen protector too. That’s sounds like a good idea. But how does it stay attached to the Clip?

Heck, I was half thinking of wrapping my Clip in plastic food wrap. At least it’s a low cost soultion and quick and easy to replace too. ;)  :stuck_out_tongue: 

Message Edited by tall_cool1 on 01-06-2009 11:19 PM

The screen protectors are adhesive, thay have a “stickum” of some sort(pardon my scientific jargon :stuck_out_tongue: ) you peel a layer back, then apply the remainder. The silicone is a good way to go if you can find a decent color, and cheap to boot.

Ah, I see. Thanks very much Marvin_Martian.