.WAV Files

Hello,

I have a Sansa Clip+ and at school we had to make our own mix in pro tools, after bouncing it into a .wav file it didn’t play the song, can anyone help?

The Clip+ doesn’t support wav files, except the ones the player makes when recording. Convert the files to mp3 or WMA before loading them on the player.

@jk98 wrote:

The Clip+ doesn’t support wav files, except the ones the player makes when recording. Convert the files to mp3 or WMA before loading them on the player.

Really?  I thought it did, based on the printed info. (e.g. the manual).  But I haven’t tried any.

I’ve played .wav files on mine with no problem.

There could be an issue with the ripping software/setting the OP used though preventing the files from being played.

I just had a problem with WAV files rearing a head.   I used Media Player to do the Import.   I think the default is WAV.  You can change this.  By the RIP button there is type file button,  I then changed the Import to be MP3 instead of WAV.   Saved LOTS of space too!

For portable music use, definitely go a compressed music format such as MP3–the quality can be up there with a higher bitrate rip, and the space savings is significant (like, 7-to-1 or so with my files).