Volume won't lower on new clip+

Hi,

Apologies if this is a noob error… but I just got the clip+, loaded some songs, started listening and turned up the volume using the controls on the side – and now the volume won’t go down. Pressing the volume down button on the side does nothing (no led backlight, nothing).

Any ideas? Did I get a lemon?

thanks! 

I’d try a system reset:  hold the on button down for 15-20 seconds.  Hopefully, that will fix matters and you don’t have a defective unit.  If you do, I’d exchange for a new unit (SanDisk will replace defective units for a year). 

I would ask the store you bought it from for the exchange, rather than sandisk. Faster.

arch_one wrote:

Hi,

Apologies if this is a noob error… but I just got the clip+, loaded some songs, started listening and turned up the volume using the controls on the side – and now the volume won’t go down. Pressing the volume down button on the side does nothing (no led backlight, nothing).

Any ideas? Did I get a lemon?

thanks! 

:smileyvery-happy:

"I would ask the store you bought it from for the exchange, rather than sandisk. Faster. "

Not just faster. Sandisk will probably send a refurb as a replacement. If your player is new, you deserve a new player. Before exchanging it though, I would try updating the firmware. Firmware corruption can cause what you are experiencing.

Was ist los??

SanDisk does not replace your device with a “refurb”!!  Replacement devices are new in a factory-sealed package.  Just want to set the record straight.

Regarding the volume-down button: it is a mechanical switch, just like the UP button.  Sounds like you have a simple hardware issue.  If the device is brand new, the simplest route is to have your vendor exchange it straight away for a new one.  Hey, that’s part of the benefits of paying retail- they (the retailer) are in business to help you, and win your business again.

The retailer will then deal directly with SanDisk, you don’t have to.  After the initial period, varying by vendor, SanDisk can assist you directly, covering the Sansa for one full year.  If you have any problems with the retailer, SanDisk can help you with your Sansa as well.  They want you to be happy with your new device!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 01-17-2010 03:54 PM

“SanDisk does not replace your device with a “refurb”!! Replacement devices are new in a factory-sealed package. Just want to set the record straight.” 

Good to know. I had heard other companies sending refurbs as replacement players, and assumed that Sandisk did the same.

The only caveat is that the warranty remains in effect only for the original one-year period, on the initial device.  Makes sense if you think of it.

For this reason, it’s always a good idea to hang on to your original sales receipt, and register your Sansa via the Support link, found by first clicking on the red SanDisk logo in the upper left corner of the forum pages. 

Bob  :smiley: 

Personally, I’ve never thought it fair that a replacement device doesn’t have a full period warranty.  I mean, if a lemon is sent as a replacement, it just doesn’t seem fair …

not all replacement devices are in retail packaging. some are ordered in bulk and will be shipped in bubble wrap and not in retail packaging. these are new devices and not refurbished however some may not be in retail packaging. this is why sandisk support instructs you to keep any accessories like earphones and USB cables. 

as for warranty it is common not to extend the warranty past the original purchase date. think about it if warranty was extended to the time of replacement you could contact support lie and get a replacement every 11 months and always have a device in warranty. you purchased a device with a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.  

Yep, you’re right:  if they kept on sending me lemon replacements, I would have a perpetual warranty.  I guess the manufacturer should not send out lemon units (not the consumer’s fault), or otherwise stand behind its products … 

Dude, why are you guys wearing bubble wrap?

I hadn’t thought about bulk packaging.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

neutron_bob wrote:

Dude, why are you guys wearing bubble wrap?

I hadn’t thought about bulk packaging.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

This reminds me of a scene (I think) from a rather well-known Woody Allen movie in 1972. Good to see they’re all playing it “safe”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Look in the rear row.  See Ashton Kutcher?  This scene is from Dude, Where’s My Car?

Now that was a goofy film.  Awesome.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue: