Volume too high/Constant noise/Display noise

> Temporarily turn off the EQ by selecting > Normal.

I’ve played with the EQ already, no improvement.

> It’s possible that the gain could be set too high for this particular headphone, especially the treble end of the scale.

If i turn down the volume further, it goes completely quiet - well, except for this annoying hiss.

The volume option in settings was already at “Normal”
The hiss starts when I turn the clip on. and stays in the background even when the player is paused, volume is completely down etc.

> The Sennheisers are a very popular headphone, and this is the first I’ve heard of a noise issue with them.

yes, thats why I bought them :slight_smile:

> Check that your headphone jack is fully inserted too!
*checked* Yes it was.

I googled for a while and then I found that many people had problems with in-ear-phones and mp3-players, due to the fact that the phones are really sensitive and mp3 player manufacturers can save a few cents by omitting proper volume control…

They said an external volume controller between the player and the headphones fixed it to some extent. One from Shure costs 13€… expensive for a few resistors/potentiometers… especially compared to the phones and the player which _are_ a real bargain and high quality otherwise.

Many others i’ve seen are costing still 5€ and are bulky, with many meters of unneeded extra cable.

What really bugs me is why all these reviews about the clip and these earphones were so positive, if this (not uncommon) combination would be practically unusable, so I wonder if mine are somehow defective.

ente