VBR sound glitch

I got a set of audiobook encoded in FhG encoder which suppose to be the best encoder around.

But playing it on Sansa Clip produce a constant stream of voice glitch.

I listen the same file on my VLC player, they sounded just fine.

I have read this could be because Sansa Clip + doesn’t work well with VBR file.

Is there a fix for this problem?

@mamamia wrote:

I got a set of audiobook encoded in FhG encoder which suppose to be the best encoder around.

But playing it on Sansa Clip produce a constant stream of voice glitch.

I listen the same file on my VLC player, they sounded just fine.

I have read this could be because Sansa Clip + doesn’t work well with VBR file.

Is there a fix for this problem?

FhG is not the best encoder around…it’s not even the best MP3 encoder… LAME is. 

And the Clip+ works fine with VBR files, I have a ton of them. Maybe check your filesystem for errors?

This is hilarious…a case of he said/he or she said.  “oh my I’m using the best encoder around, so that can’t be the issue”… Ha Ha Ha…‘Try my encoder…for it IS the best around’…Geesh…

What a load.  I’ve used plenty of FhG files with my Sansa products without any issues whatsoever.  My guess that there is something contained in the files that the Clip doesn’t like.

The issue at hand doesn’t have a thing to do with which encoder is the best.  Providing the encoder is doing it’s job properly, the Clip shouldn’t care.  Let me repeat…I have hundreds, maybe thousands of FhG files that play perfectly with the Clip.

Now I’m going to encode some stuff myself, with the true best encoder…Nero Digital…  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Did I just say that?

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

This is hilarious…a case of he said/he or she said.  “oh my I’m using the best encoder around, so that can’t be the issue”… Ha Ha Ha…‘Try my encoder…for it IS the best around’…Geesh…

I didn’t say “try my encoder”…just that mine was better! :stuck_out_tongue:

What a load.  I’ve used plenty of FhG files with my Sansa products without any issues whatsoever.  My guess that there is something contained in the files that the Clip doesn’t like.

I have a lot of FhG files too, and they seem to play just fine on my players too. That’s why I suggested scanning her filesystem for errors.:wink:

The issue at hand doesn’t have a thing to do with which encoder is the best.  Providing the encoder is doing it’s job properly, the Clip shouldn’t care.  Let me repeat…I have hundreds, maybe thousands of FhG files that play perfectly with the Clip.

I don’t have that many, but the ones I have do seem to work just fine.:wink:

Now I’m going to encode some stuff myself, with the true best encoder…Nero Digital…  Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Did I just say that?

Yes, I think you did!::dizzy_face:smileyvery-happy:stuck_out_tongue::smileyvery-happy: