Updater

I just got message to download new Updater 1301 07/03/2010 574.3 KB. I did so but find I dont know where it is or where located. I did a search for files and folders and found it in a number of places but I still dont know how to use it correctly.

I found the .exe in Programs under SanDisk, opened it, and it found a User Manual which I downloaded also.

Are there instructions for using the updater posted anywhere so I can read them?

With all due respect to the SanDisk Updater, it really isn’t needed–it sits on your computer, always on and consuming consumer resources and memory, for those rare occasions when SanDisk might issue an updated firmware for your Clip, an event far and few in-between at this point.

Personally, I’d skip it and just check here every now-and-again to see if a newer firmware has issued–it will be listed in a sticky thread at the top of the forum.

If you still feel wedded to the Updater, here’s info. about it and a link to the software to download and install. 

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/156 

I haven’t used the Updater in years, but I believe you simply double-click on the file you’ve dowloaded through the above link and then go through a fairly easy (and automated) install process. 

With all due respect to the SanDisk Updater, it really isn’t needed–it sits on your computer, always on and consuming computer resources and memory, for those rare occasions when SanDisk might issue an updated firmware for your Clip, an event far and few in-between at this point.

Personally, I’d skip it and just check here every now-and-again to see if a newer firmware has issued–it will be listed in a sticky thread at the top of the forum.

If you still feel wedded to the Updater, here’s info. about it and a link to the software to download and install. 

http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/156 

I haven’t used the Updater in years, but I believe you simply double-click on the file you’ve dowloaded through the above link and then go through a fairly easy (and automated) install process. 

Frankly I think I will just skip it. Only reason I used it this time was that it popped up and checked for updates.Thanks.

That’s the other reason I dislike updaters like this–the popping up can be a nuisance …