Update 01.01.35A emptied my folders

Hi,

I’ve been using my Clip with 1 GB  for a year now and no problems.  Today,  I updated to Version 01.01.35A and my audiobooks and podcasts files show EMPTY on my player, however, computer shows my books listed.

Also, I know  the files are in the Clip somewhere, because the SanDisk Clip shows 509 mb of 969 mb free which is correct before I charged the Clip and updated.  I tried to drag an audiobook from my Windows 7 computer file to the Clip and my message said the file existed and do I want to overwrite the file.  I just closed it.   HELP!!!  

Try resetting it.

Thank you for your help.   I just tried three times. No luck.  I also shut the Clip off after trying.  No luck.    Now I have to leave the house for about two hours.   I’ll be back later.

@caroly wrote:

Hi,

I’ve been using my Clip with 1 GB  for a year now and no problems.  Today,  I updated to Version 01.01.35A and my audiobooks and podcasts files show EMPTY on my player, however, computer shows my books listed.

Also, I know  the files are in the Clip somewhere, because the SanDisk Clip shows 509 mb of 969 mb free which is correct before I charged the Clip and updated.  I tried to drag an audiobook from my Windows 7 computer file to the Clip and my message said the file existed and do I want to overwrite the file.  I just closed it.   HELP!!!  

Try to transfer any audio files to it. Once you disconnect it it should refresh its database. If that does not work, since you mentioned you can still view the books when it is plug to the computer, back them up and format your Sansa then reload the books back.

@caroly wrote:

Hi,

Try switching USB modes.

Yippee!!!     It worked Jamieson.   Thank you and everyone who has tried to help.

You’re welcome.

By the way, did refreshing its database solved the problem or formating it? Just a reference for others who might encounter the same problem. :smiley: