Totaly Frozen Clip+

Saved recording and connected to W10 PC as many times before. Not showing in This PC and MP3 flower not changing.  Tried:-

1.  Holding down power button 30s - after release no change

2.  Holding down power button & midle button 30s.  Flower loaded 2nd time and screen later was blank. 

3.  1 &2 above with MP3 connected and disconnected from PC.  When connected PC announced that USB device not recognised.

4.  1 &2 above with MP3 connected and disconnected from PC but pressed home and menu buttons separatly.  When connected PC announced that USB device not recognised.

5.  Held down center button and connected to PC at same time. Continued holding down centre button 30s.  Result as 3 but flower continued to show.

1. Held down power button and repeatedly pressed midle button with MP3 connected & disconnected from PC.  When connected to PC the flower disappieared and the PC made a sound as if a USB was removed.  When I disconnected from cable the flower returned until I held down the power & midle buttons.  With MP3 disconnected and using the aforementioned 2 buttons the flower returned.

7.  Swung cat over left shoulder - no improvement!

Please help

is there a simple repair for this,or,is all lost?

ScanDisk - couldnt care less.

1. Enjoyable walk w/ Clip+
  • Navigated folders, volume, skip and move back between songs on an album, etc.
  • i.e. = functional.
  1. Arrive home, attempt to power down.
  2. Nothing.
  3. No response from unit, regardless of what I press or press-and-hold. It simply remains lit.
  4. Remove earbud wire - unit pauses. (?!)
  5. No response from unit, regardless of what I press or press-and-hold. It simply remains lit.
  6. Swing cat off keyboard, off bed.
  7. Cat leaves the room and whines loudly.

And so - I guess I wait for the battery to burn out and hope it charges and/or turns back on after?

Pretty sure SanDisk doesn’t monitor the forums. That would require hiring more staff and let’s just say SanDisk - I mean Western Digital - is a publicly traded company. It’s all about enterprise customers (big bucks) and quarterly profits (a unicorn - the whole stock market thing… But a magical unicorn! It drives C-level like a puppet.)