Tagging software doesn't recognize player...

@garybeck wrote:

I was about to ask what MTP and MSC mode is… I searched the Clip+ manual and there is no mention of either???

But I did find the sticky on it here in the forum.  In case others are reading this, here it is:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=announcements&thread.id=96

one question though… on the sticky it doesn’t say I have to delete everything from the device, switch modes, and then re-upload.  It says I can just switch modes.  Can I do that???  Or do I need to delete everything first?  I guess I could just try it without deleting and see if it works.

I do understand the use of having a copy of all my music on my computer… however I have a LOT of music and pretty soon my hard drive will fill up; plus it just seems like an extra step having to work on the files on my computer and then copy… and it’s hard to make sure everything is in sync, or which files I haven’t copied over yet.  It would be simpler just to have one location.

You can only see files uploaded in MTP while in MTP mode, and the same for MSC.  That’s why it’s best to choose one mode and stick to it.  There’s no way to get the MTP tracks to show up in mp3tag as far as I am aware, beyond what I already suggested.  Only keeping your files in 1 location is fine, until the day that 1 location dies (you have to format, you lose your device, you accidentally drop it in your pint etc etc).  It’s a lot easier to keep a backup than it is to re-rip (or re-download) everything.  I don’t know about you, but I would want the tracks on my computer to be tagged correctly.

As for ways to get more disc space - there are a lot.  Add an extra drive to your tower (or upgrade the one you have), portable USB, desktop USB, flash drive, dvd, mp3 cd etc etc all of which are relatively inexpensive.  When you say you have a lot of music, how big are we talking?  Because I’ve learned through experience that it’s subjective.  Once person might think 8GB is a lot, another (a lot of people here including myself, for example) might think 8GB is nothing.