Highlighted

Re: Synchronize files question

Hi, I've had this problem but initially had the error where my clip suddenly wasn't recognised by my pc.  This is how I finally overcame the problem and I seem to be back to normal:changed USB mode to MSC (my pc then recognised my clip), upgraded the firmware, (better but now I got the sync files problem), moved to my laptop that COULD see my clip in MTP mode, upgraded the rights on my music files in Windows Media Player (I couldn't see this from my XP machine, only in vista on my laptop), resynched in MTP mode, refreshed the database and now all is fine.  I have to say that this sounds straight forward but it took me five sessions to get this far...  hope this helps.

Highlighted

After I rip a music CD and transfer the files to me Clip+ and click "synchronize", my Windows Media Player loads pictures off my hard drive along with the music.  The pictures almost fill up the 4 GB memory and I have to delete them.  If I hit "stop" after the music files are synchronized, it messes up the the player.  This has happened repeatedly.  How do I prevent the picture files being loaded?

Highlighted

I asked for help with my Media Player loading unwanted picture files in a separate post.  A related problem is that a ripped CD file won't show up in the files on-screen but is still in the Clip+ and none of the tracks will play.  The tracks are locked in "pause" and will not play.  I have tried deleting them one-by-one in the Clip+ but they don't go away.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Had a problem at first with the Overdrive audiobooks not going past the first 2 chapters.  After receiving advice from this forum, I did this:

Made sure my Windows Media Player was version 10 or above (apparently the older versions won't let the digital rights work properly).

Transferred my audiobook in MTP mode from the Settings - USB Mode.  MSC mode won't work properly either with Overdrive audiobooks.  My music is still in MSC mode and works fine.

I didn't have to format or anything else.  All work fine now.  Hope that helps.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Woodfin wrote:

After I rip a music CD and transfer the files to me Clip+ and click "synchronize", my Windows Media Player loads pictures off my hard drive along with the music.  The pictures almost fill up the 4 GB memory and I have to delete them.  If I hit "stop" after the music files are synchronized, it messes up the the player.  This has happened repeatedly.  How do I prevent the picture files being loaded?

You have to change the Sync settings in WMP form Auto to Manual.