Suggestions for music downloads for sansa clip+ besides rhapsody

just wondering what other favorites and deals are out there and why u prefer them over rhapsody. i know with rhapsody it is only a subscription and u dont own the music. i am new to this mp3 stuff!

eMusic is a good site for music downloads and it offers free daily downloads.  I got a bunch of free music with a trial subscription.  It’s DRM-free and you own what you download.  With the trial, there are alot of good stuff that has to be paid for, but there’s also plenty of good music that can be downloaded during the free trial.

http://www.emusic.com/features/hub/sony_trial_welcome/index.html

If you want to purchase MP3s, try Amazon as well. They have a download application for your Mac. Similar to the iTunes Store, you can purchase those plastic cards with various dollar amounts on them in stores that handle gift cards, for Amazon as well. Checkout the Slot Radio Cards from Sansa. They play on the Clip+.

http://slotradio.com/

Jim

thank you, yes i am defin. planning on buying slot music card. one reason i bought the ciip for computer dummies like me!! lol

Don’t discount the possibility of ripping music from CDs.  As intimidating as it may seem the first time, it really is not hard to do and once you have the system down the first time, it’s a piece of cake! 

@wplj42 wrote:

If you want to purchase MP3s, try Amazon as well. They have a download application for your Mac. Similar to the iTunes Store, you can purchase those plastic cards with various dollar amounts on them in stores that handle gift cards, for Amazon as well. Checkout the Slot Radio Cards from Sansa. They play on the Clip+.

http://slotradio.com/

Jim

Yes, Amazon is a fine place to buy MP3’s, and they have quite a few free ones too.

@miikerman wrote:

Don’t discount the possibility of ripping music from CDs.  As intimidating as it may seem the first time, it really is not hard to do and once you have the system down the first time, it’s a piece of cake! 

This is still the best option, as it lets you choose what quality level you want to use on your Sansa.

If you are going to rip music from CDs, and why not, I would suggest using iTunes. The overall usage of the program is easy and friendly. Just switch the encoding from Apple’s AAC format, to MP3. The Sansa Clips cannot use AAC. The Apple website has QuickTime videos to teach you iTunes, plus help is available in Apple Discussions. You will find that by going to the Support tab at the top of the Apple home page. You can also get help here for your Sansa.

Apple does not have DRM on their songs anymore. If you purchase from the iTunes Store, it will be in the AAC format. You can use iTunes to convert tracks to MP3.

Jim

I must disagree with this…unless you have an iPod, don’t put that resource-hogging abomination onto your computer…at least if you have a Windows computer.

The original poster, based on another thread, is using a Mac. There is also some admission to not being a power user. I have a very modest AMD Athlon II, and iTunes works just fine. iTunes is the easiest and most versatile program I’ve ever seen.

Jim

@wplj42 wrote:

The original poster, based on another thread, is using a Mac. There is also some admission to not being a power user. I have a very modest AMD Athlon II, and iTunes works just fine. iTunes is the easiest and most versatile program I’ve ever seen.

Jim

Fair enough…I was not aware of that.

time4mckinney wrote:

thank you, yes i am defin. planning on buying slot music card.

The slotradio card is a great way to get alot of music with no fuss and no hassle.  I have one and am very happy with it.  If you can wait, sometimes Best Buy and Radio Shack have good deals on them.  I got mine for $30 at Radio Shack when it went on sale months ago.