Store other file types on Clip+?

Just curious, is it possibly to use the Clip+ (particularly an external micro SD card) to store other types of files (ie pictures, word processing documents, and other files that are not readable/playable by the Clip+)? In effect, it would be like using the Clip+ as a de facto card reader or thumb drive. Would it even accept transferring the files, and if so, would the presence of unrecognized file types somehow screw up the media database? The method to my madness is that if this is possible, it would make for a handy way to transfer some files between my home and work PC’s, since I use the Clip+ in both places.

Thanks in advance.

Yes. I’ve done it myself on files larger than is practical to e-mail to my work address, or vice-versa.

Yes. I've done it myself on files larger than is practical to e-mail to my work address, or vice-versa.  
Just be sure to use MSC mode on the Clip+. This makes it appear as just another storage device (drive) to your computer.

Thanks Tapeworm. This was my suspicion, just wanted to confirm it before screwing something up.