Sorting Audiobooks

I have several audiobooks in folders by author, but on the audiobooks menu they all show up in one list. Is there any way to access the individual folders on the Clip, or is the one list the only option?

Also, I’m in the process of ripping a book on CD, and I find each disc is showing as a separate book. No problem if I could access its folder but a bit unwieldy otherwise.

I’ve been using computers since the time of CPM but I get confused with gadgets and gizmos! Sorry if I’m missing something obvious. Very grateful for any help.

Under the Music option (press the small home button on the face of the Clip+), there is a Folders option at the bottom of the list.  Will that do it for you?

Yes, thank you very much!

Now if I can just fathom why all the discs I ripped from the CD set are labeled Disc 1 in the folder but apparently correct in the regular audiobooks list…

Could the explanation be: 

the audiobooks listing is using the ID3 tags (the metadata embeeded in the files, providing file info. such as track title, album/book title, artist, year and genre) for display and navigation purposes, while the folder is using the file names given the files in the ripping process? 

Note that in the ripping process, rippers will allow you to change the proposed file names (or, more universally, how the files are named) as well as the ID3 tag data–you might want to look into that the next time you rip a CD rather than letting the ripper do everything on autopilot.

Could the explanation be: 

the audiobooks listing is using the ID3 tags (the metadata embedded in the files, providing file info. such as track title, album/book title, artist, year and genre) for display and navigation purposes, while the folder is using the file names given the files in the ripping process? 

Note that in the ripping process, rippers will allow you to change the proposed file names (or, more universally, how the files are named) as well as the ID3 tag data--you might want to look into that the next time you rip a CD rather than letting the ripper do everything on autopilot.

Also, you can use a tag editor such as MP3Tag (Internet freeware) to edit either/both your tags and the file names, including by using the tags to rename all the the file names (or vice-versa) with a single button press.  Highly recommended (and manageable to use).   

http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Yes, I also use MP3Tag and it is a great soft.

In order to play my audiobooks on my Clip+, I essentially do two things:

• Set the genre as “Audiobooks” (with that the Clip+ knows it is an audiobook even if you don’t put the files in the “Audiobooks” directory),

• Use (correctly !) the Autonumbering Wizard from MP3TAg to number the tracks on the list (with that each part is played in the right order).

And all is Ok.

Thanks again, I’ll give it a try!

You’re welcome.

Just a little mistake I made: Set the genre as “Audiobook” (which is a preset in the MP3Tag genre list), without the finishing “s”…