Song-specific EQ settings?

I was wondering if the Clip had the ability to automatically change the EQ for different songs. Most songs need a little tweaking for the best sound so it’s a little tedious to change the EQ every song. For example, assign an EQ in Windows Media Player (or another player) and have it transferred to the Clip. Any ideas? Thanks!

No, the clip does not have that feature, and it should in my opinion not be implemented. By the way I do not know of any audio devices that have such a feature. My suggestion is that you do the sound processing on your pc before encoding to mp3. There is plenty of software out the able to do that.

I use the EQ “globally” to adjust to my different earphones. What I would like was in fact one or two more customable EQs.

Message Edited by pernilleib on 05-04-2009 10:39 PM

@pernilleib wrote:

No, the clip does not have that feature, and it should in my opinion not be implemented. By the way I do not know of any audio devices that have such a feature. My suggestion is that you do the sound processing on your pc before encoding to mp3. There is plenty of software out the able to do that.

I use use the EQ “globally” to adjust to my different earphones. What I would like was in fact one or two more customable EQs.

That’s how you should use an EQ…to accommodate different 'phones, I completely agree! A way to remember one or two more custom settings would be very nice. Luckily for me, I only need the Custom with one of my sets of 'phones now, after retiring the one set and upgrading. :smiley:

I have researched that iPods and iTunes do have this song-specific feature. Unfortunately, I can’t readjust 2000 songs to fit my preferred EQ. It’s much simpler to set an EQ in WMP for each song rather than re-encoding every single song. Part of the blame probably has to go to WMP which can’t (that I know of) store EQ for specific-songs.

@dcoaster wrote:
I have researched that iPods and iTunes do have this song-specific feature. Unfortunately, I can’t readjust 2000 songs to fit my preferred EQ. It’s much simpler to set an EQ in WMP for each song rather than re-encoding every single song. Part of the blame probably has to go to WMP which can’t (that I know of) store EQ for specific-songs.

I don’t know where you read that, but I’d be curious to read it myself. :smiley:  iPods don’t even have a custom EQ…only a list of EQ presets. I don’t know about the current version of iTunes, but the older one I used for a couple months had no such option. You should not have to tweak every single song differently to get it to sound right anyways. I could maybe see a heavy metal song and a country song and Gregorian monks chanting needing different settings though. Or you could try different headphones. :wink:

Here’s the link about iTunes: http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=53022

I do use the included Sansa earbuds so that may be part of the issue. Otherwise the sound is pretty good overall.

@dcoaster wrote:

Here’s the link about iTunes: http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=53022

I do use the included Sansa earbuds so that may be part of the issue. Otherwise the sound is pretty good overall.

Another link I found in that thread you listed. iPod: How to use the equalizer

So it’s still kind of a mystery. But I would definitely  suggest trying some different earphones. Try to listen before you buy though…if your friends have something, try theirs…ya know? You don’t want to buy something only to discover you don’t like it, like me when I bought Skullcandy Ink’d…I didn’t like them at all, so I gave them away and was out $15.