Solutions to Apparent Mac-Related Bugs - Thread 1

@miikerman wrote:

hckrs2k3:  Kopymac seemed like a good 4th option as well, assuming that it’s been done well.  But, then, I’m a PC owner and haven’t checked it out. 

Thanks for your explanation from the Mac innerworkings angle–interesting.  Too bad the Mac OS doesn’t detect when it’s sending files to a non-Mac device, so the extra files don’t get transferred (but I don’t know if that sort of detection is possible at this point). 

Seems to be a valid solution to add. This should be number 4. :::

No one is to blame on this issue. The appledouble is generated by Mac as a fork for files. Meaning it contains extra information about the file that the MAC OS needed. It is set to create this on default and a behaviour that not unless MAC feels that it will not conflict on other MAC things if disabled. MP3 player is set to read any files when the extension name is .mp3 or .wma regardless of the information contained. It will just show and skip the fault file if not a valid audio file. If sansa is to make a filter that will ignore the ._ files, then you are also in danger of ignoring the valid files (what if I want my other files named as ._planet of the apes.mp3). This is a total revamp of how the player will handle filenaming on the player itself.

Note… Even a non-sansa windows based player compatible with mac will show the ._ file due to the EXTENSION NAME WHICH IS MP3 OR WMA.

My suggestion is, if you don’t want to have troubles on wasting time removing those files from the sansa, you have several options:

1.Search for the applescript app also called dot_clean. This is not the terminal command version. You’ll just click the app while the sansa window is open and it will ask you if you want to proceed.

1. Buy a screenless clueless ipod player having the same size.

2. Use a windows PC.

4. Kopymac.

Never blame either of the two company… They never did what you want in the first place for a reason.

A company like Apple and SanDisk will not just give in to a request if they know it will lessen the stability of the device. It needs further research for them to come up with having stability and your requested fix or feature/function.

PS to all:

We are here to help and not blame anyone in such scenarios that we feel lacks one and the other. Forums sites should be this way. There’s no point in arguing if it will not lead us to a valid or fastest solution.