Singers voice sounds distant

We can try that with the plug and see… I was thinking that it was like the channels weren’t acting the same but I was afraid to refer to it as channels since I wasn’t completely sure that was correct. My husband did say that he has tried different headsets with no change. Also my son and he both said that some of the songs (that were both music and voice) would only play the instrumental part.

I clarified with my husband the things he has done to troubleshoot. Its been reset. Its been udpated (he said the ROM installed correctly.). Music was copied off of it and played on a computer just fine (so that shows that the music itself is not damaged).  Music was deleted and re-added. None of the things we have tried have worked and my son hasn’t even had this a year. I will see if messing with the plug a bit helps but if it doesn’t, then I need to look into getting it replaced. I dont recall the manufacturer’s warranty on it but if they wont replace it, I will look at buying something other than a Sansa/SanDisk product.

Thanks for the suggestions and ideas thus far. It is appreciated.