Settings menu disappeared

Hi. The settings menu on my sansa clip plus has disappeared. The menu scrolls through slot radio, music, voice and fm radio. How can I restore it please. I cannot delete songs now either. Thanks ???

if you cant get into settings download the FW from the post stickied at the top of this board and reload the FW. this will force a settings refresh. 

hello. sorry to sound ignorant but what does FW stand for? could you copy the link of what I have to download to this thread? I have tried hard reset by holding power button for 20 seconds but nothing happens. I tried downloading firmware from the official site but that was just a bin file which I cannot open and is useless. I love sansa but I’m very close to changing to a different brand ???

wrote:
hello. sorry to sound ignorant but what does FW stand for?

Firmware

wrote:
I tried downloading firmware from the official site but that was just a bin file which I cannot open and is useless.

You don’t open the .bin file. You drag & drop it into the root (uppermost) directory of the player. It will install itself (see instructions & download link here).

hello thanks for the reply. I’ve tried to drag and drop the file into the uppermost folder which is AUDIBLE. nothing. I have tried other folders too just in case but no luck. it works I can’t delete on the move. I’ll just have to learn to live with it and when it finally dies I will try a different brand. thanks for trying.

wrote:
hello thanks for the reply. I’ve tried to drag and drop the file into the uppermost folder which is AUDIBLE. nothing. I have tried other folders too just in case but no luck.

No, I think you have misunderstood. You do not drop the .bin file into ANY of the folders, but instead ‘alongside’ them. THAT is the root directory.