Searching by Filename

@mwr wrote:

Hmm, I downloaded and tried to use another program from elias(sp?), but don’t have the name of it at this time. The problem there was that, although the Clip and its folders appear in Windows Explorer, they didn’t appear in the Windows file browser that’s presented to select the source of the music. I also tried copy/pasting (got  an error message after clocking to run the program) and also dragging the Music folder (got the “unable” icon).

The problem was the MTP mode as we discussed in another thread. My program only works with MSC mode.

However, it still won’t do what you want, i.e. create playlists for file names A to Z. It can make playlists from folders, though, and you can manually create 26 folders named “A” to “Z” and move the files there, but that’s a bit too much work.

What you need can be easily done with a script (VBScript, Python, Perl, etc.), but I’m only familiar with Python and I doubt that you have it installed or that you should go in the trouble of installing it. It could also be done with plain old batch files, but I’m a bit rusty with those and couldn’t come up with an easy solution.

Message Edited by eliasf on 12-17-2008 11:20 AM