Screen is extremely dim/basically black

@thalbert84 wrote:

I am having this same problem, but it is somewhat intermitant. If I turn it off and back on and then wait 15 seconds and press a button sometimes the screen comes back on…at least until it goes off again =p So I don’t think the LED has given out. I just bought this thing a couple of weeks ago and I have searched everywhere for the **bleep** receipt. I guess I am lucky to have gotten familiar with the menus enough to navigate from my audiobooks to my music without seeing what I’m doing =D I can live with it till I save up for a new MP3 player, but you can be sure I won’t be buying another Sansa =D

It’s not the OLED screen, but it’s defintely a hardware problem and would be covered under the warranty. Don’t “live with” something that is clearly a manufacturer’s defect. You paid good money for it. You deserve a product that works as it is supposed to.

If you cannot find the receipt, call (or visit) the store you bought it from, contact via e-mail the on-line dealer or whatever. In most cases, your paper receipt really isn’t needed; there are electronic records that can prove you bought it, and when. If you can’t get any service or satisfaction from the dealer, contact SanDisk Tech Support directly (calling is better than e-mailing). I’m sure they will take care of it with minimum hassle.