Screen goes blank but blue rings stays lit...

Hi, I have a Sansa Clip Silver 4GB… I’ve had it for about 6 months and it worked fine until recently. It’s been having all kinds of issues… wasn’t being recognised by the computer, stalling during playback, blank screen, shutting itself off, losing charge when not on, etc…

I’ve read the posts on this board and I’ve reset and reformatted, updated firmware etc. and now the only problem that I can’t seem to fix is the blank screen…

It will just suddenly go blank when I’m trying to chose a song or change the settings or something… and the blue ring stays on for a few seconds, then once the blue ring goes off I press a button and the screen lights up again. However, it tends to just go off again in a few seconds and I have to wait again for the blue ring to go out before I can press a button and continue what I was doing… and this repeats again and again…

I would really appreciate any help anyone can give me! I love my little Clip and I would hate to have to throw it out and buy something new…

Also, I no longer live in the UK (where I was when I bought it) and to send it back would probably be as/more expensive than just buying something new… 

The only thing I can think is, try resetting, reformatting, and reapplying the firmware again.