Highlighted

Sansa updater won't run.

Suddenly the updater won't load. I ditched it, downloaded another copy(the latest I could find) and that one won't run either. This happened simultaneously with my Clip not being recognized by my computer when connected(nothing happens).

Suggestions?:

SanDisk Professor

Re: Sansa updater won't run.

I believe the Sansa Firmware Updater software will only launch once it has detected a Sansa device. If your Sansa is not being recognized by the computer the software will not launch.

You might wanna start with this Knowledgebase Article about Sansa not recognized by the computer.

SanDisk Guru

Forget about the updater. Just update the firmware manually. Manually updating the firmware is so simple. Just follow the instructions.

SanDisk Guru

@JK98 wrote:

Forget about the updater. Just update the firmware manually. Manually updating the firmware is so simple. Just follow the instructions.

Agreed...the updater is (insert politically incorrect term here) Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Guru

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

@JK98 wrote:

Agreed...the updater is (insert politically incorrect term here) Smiley Wink

Let's just say . . . un-necessary. Smiley Tongue