Sansa: thanks, now please give me a 16GB Clip (Black) or even better, put an SDHC Card Slot in it

I bought a 4GB Sansa clip 2 months ago and I totally love the thing, flash memory capacity aside. The overall design is awesome, the OLED, the software just works great, the sound quality superb. I totally didn’t expect it, I wanted something for the gym that worked with my linux desktop and I found myself ditching the ipod.

Your designer should win a prize for his work and they should put one of this thingies in the MoMA right beside the Braun AB1 alarm clock.

Now my request: 4GB feels way way too small. What I need is more like 16GB. Should be possible and cheap, I just bought a 16gb sdhc class 6 card for my camera and paid 50 bucks, store mark up included.

And how about a regular SD slot? I’m sure it would break your business case but whatever, please do it for us users :slight_smile:

Also, please avoid the Silver color, looks cheap and low quality (which I know is not true, but the look counts), too dell-like. Paint it black for me, make it thinkpad-like.

I would pay say a hundred bucks for the 16GB model, easily. Just put it on the stores, please.

Thanks

You wrote the post for me!  Yes, yes and yes.  I didn’t expect to love the clip so totally.  Aside from the color issue (it doesn’t bother me much) you have described my perfect mp3.  Please Sandisk?

Black 8 GB is coming soon.

OK - I bought the 8GB clip and I’ve already maxed it out with 8gigs worth of highest quality ogg vorbis stuff.

Now I’m already in waiting mode again - sansa folks, when is the 16gb black clip coming?

@ari wrote:

OK - I bought the 8GB clip and I’ve already maxed it out with 8gigs worth of highest quality ogg vorbis stuff.

Now I’m already in waiting mode again - sansa folks, when is the 16gb black clip coming?

You could always buy a Fuze:wink:

Just wait 6 months  LOL   Sansa has done great so far …  1 gig,   2 gig,   4 gig,  8 gig    The product hasn’t even been out two years.   I’m with you,  the more memory the sweeter it is ^_^  Thanks Sansas

Just wait 6 months  LOL   

Sansa has done great job so far …  1 gig,   2 gig,   4 gig,  8 gig    The product hasn’t even been out two years.   I’m with you,  the more memory the sweeter it is ^_^      Thanks Sansa

@niko_sama wrote:

Just wait 6 months  LOL   

That is a great point^^^…although I think we’ll see a 16GB Fuze before we see a 16GB Clip. And I don’t expect to see  a card slot in a Clip…because then a lot of people considering Fuzes would get Clips instead, and I believe Sansa would like to see both models stay popular. I still say, get one of each…it’s certainly worked well for me:smiley:

Sandisk should breed the Clip with the Fuze and give us a hybrid. Something with a clip attached, with a scroll wheel, midsize between the Clip and Fuze, having  a card slot, and lacking video. Perhaps there could be more than one hybrid, and perhaps even a AAA battery based model?

Message Edited by JK98 on 02-03-2009 05:31 PM

Message Edited by JK98 on 02-04-2009 01:24 PM

@marvin_martian wrote:

@ari wrote:

I don’t want no video! I don’t want no fuze! I just want me clipo! -all 16GB of it.

@ari wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@ari wrote:

I don’t want no video! I don’t want no fuze! I just want me clipo! -all 16GB of it.

I don’t watch video on my Fuze:stuck_out_tongue:

Agree

I have had the 8GB Clip for a couple of months now.  It is superb.  Only drawbacks:

The battery will die someday, and since it is not replaceable… that means the Clip dies forever.

Storage is limited to 8 GB. 

What I really like about it is :

Very small, lightweight

Resume/bookmark function for audiobooks that works beautifully.

Incremental (Longer you hold fast forward down the faster it fast-forwards) fast forward for music or audiobooks

Excellent sound quality – and enough power to drive even big (Sony MDR-50 Noise Cancellers) headphones

Can delete songs from the player… faster than you can from the Fuze…

Supports, and sounds very good playing low bitrates (20kbps audiobooks and music)

Only serious problem I have enountered is frequent error messages when transferring files to this player.  Messages telling me that the player is not connected, etc…

I also have other Sansa’s including the E104,  E270, and Fuze. 

I agree with others that Video is not needed in this tiny player, but would like to see 4 new features soon:

optional aa or aaa battery support for long trips etc.

replaceable internal battery

16 or 32 GB internal memory

a MicroSD slot.

All in all, a very nice job, Sansa.  You seem more responsive than most other companies to what your customers want.

I’ll add (which has been mentioned in other threads):

After more memroy my #1 want is:  Time remaining!

I would not get a fuze for one reason and one reason alone. The proprietary usb port. IMO I think that sandisk made the right move with the clip where they have a mini-usb interface, but the proprietary usb interface on the fuze is just silly.

The one nice thing about a proprietary cable on the bottom of the player:  the possibility of a dock for the player.

Wouldn’t a mini-dock for the Clip be superb?

I guess that is one thing that sandisk could learn from creative, creative made a dock for the zen stone . there is a speakers/dock to the zen stone that fit it just right. Thogh the only design flaw is that you can’t use an external power supply since the mini-usb  is covered by the dock, still a very clever idea.

My the time you guys are done adding card slots and docks to the clip it’ll be more like a fuze.

I really don’t want to lose the mini-usb slot. More memory and a few more lines on the display would be nice though.

Bump. 16gb? 32gb? When…?

I think the database refresh time for 32GB of music would be quite painful on the current hardware.

That said, I have a V1 Clip. Is the V2 any faster on database refreshes?

I think we’ll see a 16GB Fuze before a 16GB Clip.

The Clip occupies a niche at the bottom end of the range (although for many it has all the features they need), and needs to be sufficiently different from the Fuze.

Otheriwse it’s like asking Honda to make a Fit with a 2.0L engine, or a 3.5L V6.