Reply
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Sansa: thanks, now please give me a 16GB Clip (Black) or even better, put an SDHC Card Slot in i

 


@JK98 wrote:

In 2011 expect the release of 64 GB micro SDXC cards. They might be $200+ though when they are first released. By then there will probably be 128 GB full sized SDXC cards. Perhaps with the release of micro SDXC cards Sandisk might soon release players that take micro SDXC cards? They seem very resistant to releasing a player with a full sized SDXC card slot.


Nobody else has released one either. Smiley Wink

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,321
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Sansa: thanks, now please give me a 16GB Clip (Black) or even better, put an SDHC Card Slot in i


@JK98 wrote:

In 2011 expect the release of 64 GB micro SDXC cards. They might be $200+ though when they are first released.


I'll bet they'll be closer to $300 (or even $400) if (and/or) when they do come out. The 32GB Micro SDHC card still has a MSRP of $199. You're talking twice the memory in a completely new format. That's going to cost on initial release.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,233
Registered: ‎09-13-2008

Re: Sansa: thanks, now please give me a 16GB Clip (Black) or even better, put an SDHC Card Slot in i

Canon has recently released some low priced digital cameras that support SDXC cards. I hope Sandisk and other mp3 player makers follow Canon's lead. Canon also makes several digital cameras that use AA batteries. If we can't convince Sandisk to make players that use AA batteries and have an SDXC card slot, then perhaps we might be able to convince Canon to start making mp3 players?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 4,898
Registered: ‎11-17-2008

Re: Sansa: thanks, now please give me a 16GB Clip (Black) or even better, put an SDHC Card Slot in i

 


@JK98 wrote:

Canon has recently released some low priced digital cameras that support SDXC cards. I hope Sandisk and other mp3 player makers follow Canon's lead. Canon also makes several digital cameras that use AA batteries. If we can't convince Sandisk to make players that use AA batteries and have an SDXC card slot, then perhaps we might be able to convince Canon to start making mp3 players?


I have a low priced Nikon camera that uses AA batteries......that doesn't mean I want them to make an MP3 player! Let them stick to what they are good at.

 

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 3,233
Registered: ‎09-13-2008

Re: Sansa: thanks, now please give me a 16GB Clip (Black) or even better, put an SDHC Card Slot in i

Full sized 64 GB SDXC cards are now around $210 for Sandisk, and around $130 for a different brand. I doubt 64 GB micro SDXC cards will be over $200 when they are released. Even $200 will be a hefty price of around $3 a GB, and smaller capacity SDHC cards might be priced at under $1.50 a GB then.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 16,321
Registered: ‎04-17-2008

Re: Sansa: thanks, now please give me a 16GB Clip (Black) or even better, put an SDHC Card Slot in i

[ Edited ]

@JK98 wrote:

Full sized 64 GB SDXC cards are now around $210 for Sandisk, and around $130 for a different brand. I doubt 64 GB micro SDXC cards will be over $200 when they are released.


I don't. You're comparing apples to oranges. Full-size SD cards have always been much less expensive than the Micro size. SanDisk's 32GB Micro SDHC card came out at $200 and that is still listed as the 'regular' price. How you expect the 64GB SDXC format card to debut for the same price as a card half it's capacity is beyond me.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru
Posts: 1,581
Registered: ‎11-26-2008

Re: Sansa: thanks, now please give me a 16GB Clip (Black) or even better, put an SDHC Card Slot in i

 


@Marvin_Martian wrote:

 


@JK98 wrote:

Canon has recently released some low priced digital cameras that support SDXC cards. I hope Sandisk and other mp3 player makers follow Canon's lead. Canon also makes several digital cameras that use AA batteries. If we can't convince Sandisk to make players that use AA batteries and have an SDXC card slot, then perhaps we might be able to convince Canon to start making mp3 players?


I have a low priced Nikon camera that uses AA batteries......that doesn't mean I want them to make an MP3 player! Let them stick to what they are good at.

 


Nikon is a stellar company.  If they decided to make such a unit, it would surely be top-notch.

 

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User
Posts: 184
Registered: ‎10-28-2008

Re: Sansa: thanks, now please give me a 16GB Clip (Black) or even better, put an SDHC Card Slot in i

Or they could just put 32gb or 64gb onboard for a fraction of the cost of SDXC....