Sansa music volume is far TOO LOW - why is that?

I have the black 8GB Sansa and the music is extremly powerless compared to my other MP3 players - with the same headset, same music on it.

It sounds like something is wrong with this player - simply can’t be THAT powerless. Even on full volume I cant hear things just right. Compared to other players is about 30-40% of the music voloume. Why is that?

I checked the voloume slider is set to 100% and the EQ settings can’t bring up more power.

Now I found a posting showing that the volume limitation is based on the country. 

I am in Germany /Europe

How can I remove this limitation?

Thx for the answer 

Check out the sticky about enabling high volume for people in Europe.  Its at the top of this forum.

Did you see the sticky thread on this topic at the top of the forum? 

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Clip/No-more-High-setting-in-music-volume/td-p/143062

Short answer:  choose the reset factory settings option under the Clip’s settings (or, alternatively, re-install the latest firmware for the Clip–see the sticky thread at the top of the forum), and choose a region other than the EU, such as Rest of world–you now will have a Hi volume setting option under the settings, that you can select and get back to normal.

And, it’s all the result of your legislators in the EU, imposing a volume restriction to protect your ears …

Well, obviously Sandisk have decided not to go for the world MP3 player market and have sunk any chance their products might have had to compete with iPod players by restricting the volume level below that at which purchasers of the product will want to listen to their favourite tracks. This restriction will make more money for apple, p–ss off all their present customers and consign Sandisk products to the garbage bin all over the world. I hope the shareholders of Sandisk have retirement arrangements written in stone because my player just got thrown in the rubbish bin. Goodbye Sandisk ! 

Try this tip proposed in 2013 for the Sansa Clip+.

http://blog.irreverence.co.uk/?p=1240

But there is a fix after all. It turns out that the volume is limited on the device if you set it to Europe when you turned it on the first time. This can be resolved by resetting it to factory settings, and this time choosing North America. The down side to that is that it seems to skip even numbered FM frequencies (jumping from 99.3 to 99.5 to 99.7 etc), but the stations I listen to are luckily on the odd numbers. There are other settings that you might be able to choose that could also sort the volume issue out too, but I tried North America, then went into the Volume settings and chose ‘High’. Bingo! It’s now loud enough

AND, see the advice from JK98 in this Forum concerning the Clip Jam

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/SanDisk-Clip-Jam/volume-limit/m-p/342158#M125

First of all, don’t set the region to Europe, even if you do live in Europe. Next under settings, system setting, volume, set to high. If europe is chosen as the region, then you don’t get the option to choose high. In the menu,

see if you can find reset settings. If that won’t let you reset the region, then download the latest firmware, and manually install it on the player. After that you should be able to set the region. I guess choose rest of the world for the region? If you choose the US as the region, then I think the FM tuner won’t work right.

@reddog694 wrote:

_ Well, obviously Sandisk have decided not to go for the world MP3 player market _ and have sunk any chance their products might have had to compete with iPod players by restricting the volume level

Well, obviously SanDisk DID decide to go for the world MP3 player market, since their players are compliant with EU-mandated volume restrictions. If they weren’t, they wouldn’t be allowed to sell those products there.

Thankfully, there IS a work-around. No so with other players on the market.

Please see Tapeworm’s response above.  Also, as noted otherwise in this thread, so easy just to change the settings to avoid the volume cap (which you could have done in less time than your post here took)–and so, in the end, SanDsik remains within EU law and the consumer gets whatever options he/she might want . . . .

@reddog694 wrote:

Well, obviously Sandisk have decided not to go for the world MP3 player market and have sunk any chance their products might have had to compete with iPod players by restricting the volume level below that at which purchasers of the product will want to listen to their favourite tracks. This restriction will make more money for apple, p–ss off all their present customers and consign Sandisk products to the garbage bin all over the world. I hope the shareholders of Sandisk have retirement arrangements written in stone because my player just got thrown in the rubbish bin. Goodbye Sandisk ! 

Please see Tapeworm’s response above.  Also, as noted otherwise in this thread, so easy just to change the settings to avoid the volume cap (which you could have done in less time than your post here took)–and so, in the end, SanDsik remains within EU law and the consumer gets whatever options he/she might want.

P.S.  Might you retrieve your player from the bin and send it to me?  I could use a backup player  . . . .

@reddog694 wrote:

Please see Tapeworm’s response above.  Also, as noted otherwise in this thread, so easy just to change the settings to avoid the volume cap (which you could have done in less time than your post here took)–and so, in the end, SanDisk remains within EU law and the consumer gets whatever options he/she might want.

P.S.  Might you retrieve your player from the bin and send it to me?  I could use a backup player  . . . .  :wink:

1 Like