Sansa clip display almost out

The sanasa clip plays but the display can’t be seen Is the battery going? can it be replaced?

Sounds like the OLED screen is fading away. You can replace the player, but not the screen itself.

new player WTF!!!

@earltwitty wrote:

new player WTF!!!

Warranty replacement, then.   :slight_smile:

@earltwitty wrote:

new player WTF!!!

1.  You never said the player was new.
  2. The Clip (original) has been discontinued for some time now.
  3.  If it is a new player (and not re-furbed), Sandisk should honor the warranty on it.

Naww, it was refurbished. About 3 years old. Called sansa. They said get a new one!!

Sony once did that to me (“Just get a new one!”) when I called to get headphone pad replacements.  Granted, the phones were 15 years old, but they were in great shape and a nice-sounding pair, and only needed new pads.  Personally, I dislike this forced obsolescence system that certain manufacturers (such as, Sony) follow for profits (at the consumer’s expense).  

But the consumer won, here:  I found that current Plantronics telephone answering system headphones use a pad that I can adapt and use (and at a much lower price than the inflated Sony price).  Score one for the consumer.   :slight_smile:

Sony once did that to me (“Just get a new one!”) when I called to get headphone pad replacements for a Sony set of phones and was told they weren’t sold anymore.  Granted, the phones were 15 years old, but they were in great shape and a nice-sounding pair, and only needed new pads.  Personally, I dislike this forced obsolescence system that certain manufacturers (such as, Sony) follow for profits (at the consumer’s expense).  

But the consumer won, here:  I found that current Plantronics telephone answering system headphones use a pad that I can adapt and use (and at a much lower price than the inflated Sony price).  Score one for the consumer.