Sansa Cllip clip

I recently bought 2 sansa clips (1 for me and 1 for the girl). **NO ITUNES!!** I Clip the clipped onto my belt, and with it being cold here in NY and all, i wear 2 jackets. The clip tends to detach itself because of my jacket pushing it down and dangle  around in the air until i realize the Clips not on the clip. Does anybody know of a way to get the clip to stay attached without using any adhesive(glues)?

No.  I don’t think so because it’s a removable clip but it should not have detach itself so easily if the clip is fully locked.  You might want to reinsert the clip back to the device but make sure to push it in place…that way I think it will help.

By fully locked, do you mean when it makes the clicking sound when pushed in? If so, then, it falls pretty easy for me. I wished the clip was inserted through the side instead off the bottom.

Yeah.  I think you might have a defective clip with the device.  With my device, the clip is so tight that I could hardly remove it.  It’s almost like it’s stuck to the device for me.  Well, you can choose to clip it to your pocket or something instead of your belt so you can prevent it from falling out.  Just a thought :slight_smile:

You might try sewing a button on your jacket and putting the clip hole over the button.

Won’t keep the clip from detaching from the player but will keep the player from detaching from the jacket.

I too have had a similar problem with the belt clip.  Unfortunately I lost the clip while snowboarding (don’t ask how cuz i’m not too sure).  Anyhow, does anyone know of a way to just purchase another belt clip for the 2 Gig Sansa Clip?  thanks for the help

sandisk is trying to get some to sent to people through the customer service line, i had to ask for one too. They dont have them in stock at the moment.

I wish someone would sell a pack of these somewhere, it would only make sense.

I’m interested in spare clip clips too!! :smiley:

Bob

Why not just drop it in a pocket? It’s so small…it’ll fit anywhere. Or clip it to your collar or something, where your jackets wont interfere.

I had the clip detach from the player just by bending over. The clip to my mind is the reason people buy this model, it’s why I bought it, so it should be fixed permamently.

Actualy, I like the Clip precisely because the clip detaches–I can eliminate the extra bulk if I don’t need the clip.

The construction of the clip is nice: the back of the Sansa has a steel spring loop in the case, into which the removable clip foot slides.  This mounting foot is metal too. 

The only problem is that the coil spring end rests on an area of plastic that is highly stressed.  It’s quite normal for your clip to have a wee crack at this point.  (I have four of them, and they all do.)  I don’t know how the clips themselves will fare in the long run, but I’d strongly suggest to SanDisk that replacement ones be sourced!

I don’t fear clip failures en masse, I am more worried about everyday banging about.  I have three test subjects (daughters) busy wearing their clips for you.  Oh, and they do come in different colors I see, to match the paintwork.

The Clip design allows for the removable clip to pop free if something gets caught, without damaging the Clip body itself.  The downside of this situation is that while the Sansa is tethered to your ears, the rear clip might be lost!

I would love to see a section in the future Sansa Store (above link) for replacement USB cables, earphones (yes, they aren’t fancy, but don’t you like the sound of those simple supplied buds?), and clips- for these devices.

I check the links regularly too.

Bob

neutron_bob wrote:

earphones (yes, they aren’t fancy, but don’t you like the sound of those simple supplied buds?

I don’t know, I can’t get them to stay in my ears.  :wink:

golden wrote:
I had the clip detach from the player just by bending over. The clip to my mind is the reason people buy this model, it’s why I bought it, so it should be fixed permamently.

When I first got my Clip, I noticed that the clip did seem to come off rather easily. The way it was, was definitely unacceptable. I detached and then re-attached the clip (with alot of force) and now it seems very secure. I’m beginning to think that they might come from the factory not attached properly. A good way to tell, is to hold the Clip in one hand, and with the other hand, try moving the clip from side to side- if it moves rather easily, and even detaches from doing so…it’s not attached properly.

Ah!  I have four of these devices…and all four have a characteristic crack in the coil-spring-to-clip contact point.

Just thought I’d update you on a possible prevenative maintenance repair for this growing fissure.

The idea is to relieve the stress on the plastic plane, just as used in glass repair, and metalwork.

I have plenty of wee drill bits from years of working with injectors and air/fuel jets.  At the end of the crack (the point where it is travelling to), this stress crack may inevitably progress.  I drilled a relief hole at the end of the crack, carefully, about 0.20mm.  In this way, the stress is now spread along a circular area.

Don’t go drilling holes unless you’re careful, as the thought of a drill bit popping through the OLED display is terrible!

The clip must be removed as a safety.  Wear a helmet, hearing, and eye protection, and read all of those safety manuals.  Don’t wear earbuds while performing drilling operations, as the wire may tangle in the drill.  Put your coffee down too!  Keep the dog in the adjacent room, with adequate ventilation.  And don’t touch that pint of lager or the packet of crisps!  Read all MSDS forms before proceeding!

On the serious side, use a pin vise, and drill by hand (no power tool required).

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

The clip must be removed as a safety.  Wear a helmet, hearing, and eye protection, and read all of those safety manuals.  Don’t wear earbuds while performing drilling operations, as the wire may tangle in the drill.  Put your coffee down too!  Keep the dog in the adjacent room, with adequate ventilation.  And don’t touch that pint of lager or the packet of crisps!  Read all MSDS forms before proceeding!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

HAHAhahahahaha!!!  …and still much less stringent than an instruction manual!

My Clip has gone as well. there one minute…gone the next. As others have said, a reason for buying it was for the clip.

However, I’ve found the Krussel Multi-clips(from mobile phone cases) fit the Clip quite well, and they can be bought seperately. they are much bigger than the original, but they work and are available!

Capel