Sansa Clip +

When powering up, my Sansa Clip + no longer automatically starts playing music nor does it resume with the track that was playing when powered off.  Instead, it goes to the music menu and requires two pressess of the >>| button to get music going again, and it does not resume from the track that was going when previously shut down (as it used to).

I’ve updated the firmware to try to correct but to no avail.  Unable to find a setting that might correct this  - what’s up?

Have you changed computers? What’s listed under Settings/System Settings/USB Mode?

You might try reformatting the player under its System settings–can sometimes fix odd issues.  Note:  this will erase user content on the player, and so save it to your computer first.

@black_rectangle wrote:

Have you changed computers? What’s listed under Settings/System Settings/USB Mode?

No change in computers. System settings: USB Mode: auto detect Version V01.02.17A - NOTE: I have tried repeatedly to update to .18 - the app. has said successful, but it doesn’t much look like it . . . ?? Note reply to second response below - problem solved

@miikerman wrote:

You might try reformatting the player under its System settings–can sometimes fix odd issues.  Note:  this will erase user content on the player, and so save it to your computer first.

Reformatted - Reloaded music to music directory.  Tried again to load updated firmware (1.02.18)  - display on Clip+ indicated update in progress - restarted Clip+ to check things out - updated version 1.02.18 was finally successful in installing - and music problem solved - power on now picks up the track from previous power off without having to do anything.

Many thanks - that did it!

_ Great _ to hear–thanks for the update!

1 Like