Sansa Clip+

Here’s a sorry story. I was given a Sansa clip+ for Christmas 2012 and began using it on visits to the gym in early January. After a month the music output began skipping. The FAT was corrupt. Sansa agreed to replace it and I was happy until I realised that I had to return the defective device to the Czech Republic at my own expense using a service that provided tracking and that the cost of doing so was actually greater than the original cost of the product. No one in their right mind would bother to do that and it looks as though this is the company’s policy to avoid having to replace. If sent any other way they could always say they never received it - they suggest as much on their email accepting return. I would never buy another Sansa product. It also exposes the risks of buying through Amazon since they duck any responsibility after 30 days or so.

Well I don’t know why the fat would decide to self corrupt and neither will anyone else based on what you have told us. Post a bit more info, starting with how do you know the fat is corrupted and all the symptoms. At this point I can’t even make the obvious suggestion to reformat since we don’t know if you can get that far.

Quick question on this. Should it be NTFS instead of FAT32?

@doncht wrote:
Quick question on this. Should it be NTFS instead of FAT32?

No, it shouldn’t.

Fortunately in the U.S., SanDisk/U.S. covers the cost of the return shipping, and ships out a new player at no charge . . . .

@miikerman wrote:
Fortunately in the U.S., SanDisk/U.S. covers the cost of the return shipping, and ships out a new player at no charge . . . .

Sure . . . rub salt in the wound! :stuck_out_tongue:

In these days of institutionalized non-service and non-responsiveness, just nice to see a helpful, responsive company and policy . . . .

@miikerman wrote:

In these days of institutionalized non-service and non-responsiveness, just nice to see a helpful, responsive company and policy . . . .

. . . if you’re fortunate to live in the US. :wink:

Yep. But I’ll take what I can get in terms of corporate civility–maybe it’ll prove infectious.