Sansa Clip wont turn on

I plug in my sansa clip to the computer it turns on, connects, and tells me it has full battery.  BUT when I unplug the clip it will not turn on.  I can add files to the clip and I can delete file but it wont turn on if unplugged from the comouter!!!  Any advice for this peice of **bleep** sansa clip?

@uncompleted wrote:
I plug in my sansa clip to the computer it turns on, connects, and tells me it has full battery.  BUT when I unplug the clip it will not turn on.  I can add files to the clip and I can delete file but it wont turn on if unplugged from the comouter!!!  Any advice for this peice of **bleep** sansa clip?

Call SanDisk support and ask them.  It’s possible you have a Clip with a disconnected battery lead.  Where did you buy it, and for how long have you owned it?

I’ve had it for about a year now, bought it at a Best Buy

While plugged into USB, try doing a soft reset:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clip&thread.id=19963

Message Edited by PromisedPlanet on 08-07-2009 03:45 PM

It didnt’t reset, I held the power button up for a good minute and nothing

Especially if by any chance the Clip had a recent fall, a battery lead indeed could have come undone …

mine wouldnt either

ive had my sansa since november 08 and it worked fine untill just two days ago i added some more songs onto it and it worked fine for about two hours then it cut off and when i turned it back on it refreshed and showed the menu for about 10 seconds and then it cut off i did it 5 more times and now it wont turn on period but it shows the connected sign when i plug it up to the computer but as soon as i unplug it it cuts off again and the battery says its fully charged but it wont work ive tried holding up the power button for a minute and it still wont work and i called the sansa tech support but they dont answer… sorrie for the long explanation