Sansa Clip+ with a memory card

I just buyed a Sansa Clip+ with 8 gigs of memory. Today I received a 8 gig memory card to my Clip+.

I was just wondering, isn’t there any way to make Windows 7 and Windows Media Player or Winamp to see the internal memory and the memory card as a one memory slot? I mean, it’s pretty **bleep** stupid that I can’t just synchronize all my music to my player with it’s ~16 gigabytes of memory. Instead I have to first fulfill the internal memory and then start synchronizing the memory card memory.

Is there no workaround this little annoyance?

Your computer will see the player’s internal memory and external memory card as 2 separate drives/memory locations (which they are). There’s no way to change that. You can still ‘sync’ (if you must) to both locations, but separately. It won’t just fill up 1 memory space, then automatically switch over and put the excess on the other.

Computers are smart, but not that smart. That’s just the way it is; not only with Sansa players but any other mp3 player with a card slot will work the same way.

You should be grateful that once the music is loaded in the Sansa will integrate it together. Creative players don’t, so you can only access either the internal, or the external songs, even when you’re just looking to see what’s on your player.

@psxgamer wrote:
…I mean, it’s pretty **bleep** stupid that I can’t just synchronize all my music to my player with it’s ~16 gigabytes of memory…
Is there no workaround this little annoyance?

It might be done that way so there’s no chance of a file “straddling” the internal/external boundary and being left with an unreadable file or memory corruption if the card is removed. Or to prevent file fragmentation across the two areas. Heap bad mojo.

**bleep**, shame. But thanks for the replys for everyone!

You’re **bleep** welcome. :stuck_out_tongue: