Sansa Clip+ with a mac HELP!!

When you say you nuked it, did you go to Settings/System Settings/Format and format it? Or have you taken out the card and removed all of your own files from the internal memory?

If it’s still not booting up, it could be defective. You can call 1-888-SANDISK to see if they can help you or if they will replace it under the warranty, which is one year.

The Mac version of FAT32 seems to be MS DOS (FAT). Is that what you used?

http://www.hgst.com/support/faqs/how-format-my-drive-use-windows-and-mac-fat32

But anyway, leave the microSD card out of the unit till you get it running.

Sorry about the tech talk. ID3 tags are little bits of text stuck inside the mp3 file. They tell the unit Album, Artist, Title, etc. Unfortunately, they are not standardized and there are many versions–ID3 versions. doPi players like a different version than Sansa.

Anyway, I’m not sure you have installed kid3 or just unzipped it. In the file folder you unzipped there is probably a DMG file to install the program in a Mac. Here’s a pretty good explanation (in GIANT print, what’s up with that?)

http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/how-to-install-dmg-files-mac/

When you have a kid3 icon on your desktop, open it. Look for a little wrench symbol or click Settings and Configure Kid3. If the Mac version is like the Windows version–not guaranteed, but let’s hope so–you’ll see a tab that says Tag 2 and in that tab you’ll see

Text Encoding, which should be ISO-8859-1

and

Tag Version which should be 2.3.0

Save those, close configure, don’t ever think about it again.

Then go to File and browse to an album. Open it, make sure it’s in playing order from top to bottom. Highlight from top to bottom, got to Tolls and Track Numbering and make the first number 01 in Destination Tag 1 and Tag 2.

Actually, now that I look at it I see Tag 2 has Cover Picture near the bottom of its list. If you see a cover photo,  uncheck that–the Clip doesn’t display covers, and images inside tags can slow down or stop the Clip.

Go to File and Save. Once you’ve done this a couple of times, it’s a five-second procedure for each album. Sorry Kid3 is a little more complicated than its Windows cousins…but that’s Apple for you…

1 Like