Sansa Clip not working

My sansa clip turns on but cannot receive music or bring up menu. What is wrong?

Is it new? Did you peel off the protective screen sticker? What does the screen say if there’s no menu? We can’t read your mind; you’re going to have to tell us more about it if you want any help.

My Sandisk player is not working either,new just got. The screen is off on front, nothing but a screen with earphones and music wrote on it, dose that come off to? No menu showing either. Could I have put chip into player the wrong way ?

@mackie1940 wrote:

My Sandisk player is not working either,new just got. The screen is off on front, nothing but a screen with earphones and music wrote on it , dose that come off to? No menu showing either. Could I have put chip into player the wrong way ?

This is the protective sticker I was referring to in my earlier post. You have to peel it off. Look closely; there should be a little tab in one of the corners to help you get a grip on it.

Hello,

This is my 4th Sansa Clip, so I’m quite surprised at my inability to get it going.  When I turn it on, all that’s on the screen is  the word “music” and a pair of headphones.  I cannot proceed.  Also, the screen light is dim and moves from one place to another as I click the  Select button.

Did you read the post directly above yours, and make sure that the screen’s protective plastic has been removed?