Sansa Clip + not recognising 2GB uSD card

I have a 2Gb Usd card in my clip and have formatted it with the clip.  It shows in Win 7 explorer but any music files copied to it do not show in the clip browser and will not play.  If I go to external folders, it shows as empty.  
Also ifi transfer files using overdrive, the card does not show as a possible destination for the files.
Any ideas?

Could be bad. Have you tried a different card to rule out the player and/or confirm this card has failed? 2GB cards are dirt-cheap these days.

Thanks for that.

The card has been tested with H2testw and shows as being fine.  I can copy files to it with no problems but the Clip won’t recognise it.  It works in other devices.

What is the speed of the Card?  The Clips dislike anything above Class 4 in terms of speed, unfortunately.  :frowning:

I don’t know the speed of the card.  How can I measure that?

@miikerman wrote:

What is the speed of the Card?  The Clips dislike anything above Class 4 in terms of speed, unfortunately.  :frowning:

As far as I know, all 2GB cards are Class 2 and should be no problem. I don’t think they didn’t started making the faster speed cards until the 4 & 8GB cards came out.

@chipmunk_7 wrote:

I don’t know the speed of the card.  How can I measure that?

The Class (or speed rating) on a card in printed on the face of the card in a circle. So a 4 with a circle around it would be a Class 4. A 10 with a circle around it would be a Class 10. However as I said earlier, I don’t believe the faster cards came into being until much later when larger capacity cards were introduced. Therefore, the older 2GB cards have no circle with any number in it as they are all Class 2, the only class there was at the time.

Thanks for that informative reply.  I tried a 8 Gb class 4 card and that works ok.  Problem solved.

Great! Must’ve just been a bum card. Thankfully it was only a 2GB one, so not a huge loss. :wink:

Thanks again for your help.