Sansa Clip+ loose headphone jack

Hi,

So I received a sanasa clip+ for Christmas last year. Love the player, and use it on the go all the time.

However, I noticed the headphone jack has gone loose. So,… it often distorts, and I sometime will lose one side of the headphone.

So what can I do?? Do I have to send it back to the States? I am currently working in Taiwan, and would like to know if it’s possible to send it to sandisk taiwan for repair? Thanx!

Charlie

It’s not really any help to you now, but for those people who plug/unplug frequently from the headphone socket, it would be worth using a small headphone extension lead and leaving this plugged in. If the extension is too long you can fold it up small and tie it or cable tie it together, or even make yourself a tiny one. It would save wear and tear on the headphone socket of the player.

Good Advice. But the player really shouldn’t break down in 3 months… : (

Yes, you’re right, it shouldn’t.

Usually, I plug/unplug from the headphone socket several times a day as I play the Clip+ in my car as well as connected to my Hi-Fi as well as through the headphones, and I am concerned of the wear and tear to the socket. Which is why I use the extension as described.

lisztian420 wrote:

Hi,

So I received a sanasa clip+ for Christmas last year. Love the player, and use it on the go all the time.

However, I noticed the headphone jack has gone loose. So,… it often distorts, and I sometime will lose one side of the headphone.

So what can I do?? Do I have to send it back to the States? I am currently working in Taiwan, and would like to know if it’s possible to send it to sandisk taiwan for repair? Thanx!

They don’t repair them, but you should contact them (as they are the nearest Tech Support Center) for a warranty replacement.

Yeah, the jack on my clip is loose, and after only a month!

And I didn’t drop it or anything like that.

Same here I barely had my Clip+ for two months and the headphone jack is already becoming loose exactly like the TC described.

This just starting happening to my 8gb Clip+ yesterday. The sound on the right side of my headphones started cutting out and after simply touching the plug it would come back. Tried several other pairs with the exact same thing.

So I guess I will contact SanDisk for repair or warranty replacement.

I have the same issue with my Sansa Clip +. However the result is not the same regarding my headphones.

The problem just damaged definately  the right side of my CX-300 II (i got it  for 2 yers) and my Hifiman RE0 (received yesterday and damaged after 2 minutes), so I have sound only from the left side. On my Sony headphones, the problem is not definitive.

I’m pretty upset, because of my audioplayer, I got 2 IEMs damaged.

I don’t think Sansa will help with my headphones and really I don’t want to be annoyed by sending back the player to Sansa and wait weeks before got it back. I’m thinking of just buy another audio player.

Have you tried your phones with a different audio source?  Almost certainly, the Clip did not damage your phones.

And if you still are under warranty (1 year U.S., 2 years EU), it is very easy to get a warranty replacement for your Clip.  Call SanDisk Customer Service up to make the arrangements, return the Clip (in the U.S., SanDisk even sends you a postage-paid mailing label), and SanDisk mails you back a new one.

In the U.S.:  1-866-SANDISK (726-3475).  And other SanDisk contact information:  http://www.sandisk.com/sandisk-support/contact-us 

That’s the big problem, I tried them on different sources and there was still one side of the headphone playing the sound…

Wow–I just can’t see how the Clip would short out one and more headphones.    :frowning:

I also have the loose headphone jack problem. I don’t see how it can be repaired. I have the unit for less than a year, and bought it on ebay. Do I have any recourse or am I stuck?

@martin421 wrote:

I also have the loose headphone jack problem. I don’t see how it can be repaired. I have the unit for less than a year, and bought it on ebay. Do I have any recourse or am I stuck?

If you bought a new unit, it might still be under SanDisk’s warranty. Contact Tech Support about a possible replacement.

If the one you bought was a used or re-furbed unit then the manufacturer’s warranty would not apply and you will have to buy a new one at your own expense.

Just to make sure:  you’ve pushed the headphone plug all the way into the headphone jack, right?  (It can be tite at first.)  I assume that’s not the issue, but better to check than not.    :wink:

I’m also having this problem with my Clip+. I bought it last summer, so the warranty is long gone. I know SanDisk won’t replace it for free now, but can they repair it for a cost (significantly) less than the price of a new unit?

@cobatts wrote:

I’m also having this problem with my Clip+. I bought it last summer, so the warranty is long gone. I know SanDisk won’t replace it for free now, but can they repair it for a cost (significantly) less than the price of a new unit?

No, sorry, Sandisk does not have a repair service.

But, it can’t hurt to call SanDisk for help (in the U.S., it’s even a tollfree number)–some people have had good fortune with calling about out-of-warranty players, and maybe you would be one of the fortunate ones! :slight_smile:

The person in the earlier post said the clip damaged two expensive headphones and you say “Almost certainly, the Clip did not damage your phones.” I had the same thing happen to two pairs of my headphones. It is likely that the Clip sent a damaging electrical charge into the headphones. 

One of the metal transmitters connected to the jack casing is losing contact with the motherboard. You will have to open up the player (start by prying open by the headphone jack for leverage, don’t use the clip for leverage). Once open, find the headphone jack, look in the back side of the jack casing, get a thin screw driver or tooth pick and tighten the contact inside by bending it towards the center of the cynlindrical hole. Without putting the clip back together test with your headphones. if you still have the problem go to the next step.

The next step is to wiggle the headphone jack and look at the three metal contacts around it. You will likely notice one of the solders loose and thus the connection being lost. Now you can either carefully superglue the connection or solder the connection. If you superglue make sure that none of it gets under and blocks the connection. After you’re done, try the headphones again. If it doesn’t work try using the screwdriver or toothpick you used to push on the recently glued/soldered spot, maybe scrape away some of the glue until you hear both channels in the music with no crackling.