Sansa Clip it cannot play

I’ve looked through several postings on the message board and can’t find the answer I need. My sansa clip used to play in my car, now all of a sudden it says “Cannot Play” on the car stereo. It makes no sense. It worked fine before, but I’ve even tried a different usb plug and it tells me the same thing. I have other mp3’s that will play in it fine. Just my sansa clip won’t. Any suggestions?? Thanks!

Is the player’s USB mode, under its Settings, set to MSC mode?

@miikerman wrote:

Is the player’s USB mode, under its Settings, set to MSC mode?

That’s what I would check. :wink:

You don’t know how much I was hoping that would work, but it didn’t. I have no idea what to do now. Any other suggestions?

Have you done anything new or different between the time it used to work and when it started not too? Updated the firmware, changed any settings, added a MicroSD card, etc.?

Once again, is the player’s USB mode, under its Settings, set to MSC mode?

@miikerman wrote:

Once again, is the player’s USB mode, under its Settings, set to MSC mode?

@sdavis37150 wrote:

You don’t know how much I was hoping that would work, but it didn’t. I have no idea what to do now. Any other suggestions?

Asked and answered. :wink:

Yes it is set to MSC. In fact, I changed it to each one under that category, just to see if I could figure it out. Finally, I had to take desperate measures and restore it factory settings. After I did that, it played fine. I have no idea what caused it, but it’s fine now. Thank you so much for your help!!

Susie

@sdavis37150 wrote:

Yes it is set to MSC. In fact, I changed it to each one under that category, just to see if I could figure it out. Finally, I had to take desperate measures and restore it factory settings. After I did that, it played fine. I have no idea what caused it, but it’s fine now. Thank you so much for your help!!

Resetting or restoring the Factory Settings will change the USB mode back to the default (and never recommended) Auto Defect mode, but whatever . . . if it works, don’t mess with success! :smileyvery-happy:

Yes it is set to MSC. In fact, I changed it to each one under that category, just to see if I could figure it out. Finally, I had to take desperate measures and restore it factory settings. After I did that, it played fine. I have no idea what caused it, but it’s fine now. Thank you so much for your help!!:smiley: 

Susie

I would be very tempted right now to change the USB setting to MSC mode (or MTP mode, if you use DRM-protected files)–just to avioid a mix of MSC and MTP mode files, that the Auto USB setting can cause.  ALthough, having said that, sometimes it is best to leave things alone and to not tempt fate . . . .   :slight_smile: